Alternative to Pedaltrain Pro?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aceshigh025, Jul 28, 2009.

1. aceshigh025

aceshigh025 Member

I have a Pedaltrain 2 with the ATA case, and have run out of room so I need something bigger.
    A Pedaltrain Pro seems like it would be nice but is $300 (selling the 2 would be ~$140 so it's a huge jump for a college student)
    I need a heavy duty case so I can't go with the SC for the pro.
    Does anyone know any alternatives?

2. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

you could make a pedalboard to pedaltrain specs...get some wood, or go to akia and get a couple of those gorm shelves and disassemble them and use the slats to make a new bigger board...those gorm shelves are cheap...

making pedal boards is fun...although you mentioned your a college student so I assume you dont have a lot of access to a garage full of wood working tools, maybe dad can help with that. :)

Pedaltrains are great, probably the best pedalboard, if only for its simplicity and fucntion, but they are SOOOO over priced...make one!!

3. aceshigh025

aceshigh025 Member

If I didn't have to leave for school in a few weeks/had a dad who was good with that stuff I would definitely want to build my own
    If I had more time I could probably find someone with a good table saw and make it work, but unfortunately I don't, oh well

4. kevinhifi

kevinhifi Supporting Member

Someone just put a used Pedaltrain Pro up for sale in the emporium for $135. Get it!

5. aceshigh025

aceshigh025 Member

hah! perfect timing!