Any new Glaswerks owners?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by KHK, Jan 20, 2011.

1. KHK

KHK Supporting Member

Has anyone recevied an amp from Glaswerks in the past year? What was your wait time?

Thanks

2. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

I would contact Gary directly for a quote because there have been changes in his process which may result in different delivery times than what has occurred in the past.

3. jimpridx

jimpridx Supporting Member

As Dave said, give Gary a call. I got my Zingaro within four weeks, but other models may take a little longer. I don't believe the wait time is as long as it once was, though.

4. KHK

KHK Supporting Member

Thanks for the help guys...I will but first I'm trying to get real world feedback on how long it has actually taken folks to get a 100W Super Overdrive II and would prefer to discuss/evaluate with my expectations in line.

5. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Yes, I got a Zingaro in less than a month. Gary was great to deal with, very straightforward, no nonsense kind of guy.

6. gtrs

gtrs Supporting Member

I've been waiting 2 yrs.
    Problem is, I've contacted him twice within the last year to find out if I'm still on the list and what the time frame is and haven't heard back from him.
    :dunno

7. J.T. Guitar

J.T. Guitar Platinum Member Silver Supporting Member

Same here bro.

8. gtrs

gtrs Supporting Member

The thing is, I spoke with Gary a few times before. He's a GREAT guy.
    I bought a used SOD and it wasn't quite right for me but I knew I wanted an amp built for me by Gary.
    After owning that SOD I got a taste of what he can do and I was very excited.
    Since I sold the amp it's been crickets.
    I'm sincerely hoping he's not angry that I sold it................

Worst part is, I've been saving for this future build and am now looking at a Welagen because I think I'm no longer on the wait list.

9. jimpridx

Wow! I would have never imagined this! This hasn't been my experience at all.

10. brads

brads Supporting Member

He's answered the phone every time I've called.

11. J.T. Guitar

J.T. Guitar Platinum Member Silver Supporting Member

Maybe I should call... It has been 2 years or so for me too.

12. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Yes, me too! I am very surprised!

13. gtrs

gtrs Supporting Member

I guess I should call him.
    My stance has been to respect his time allocated for building amps so I've sent e-mails (6 months ago or more, not sure) and a Facebook PM (this week).
    This way he can answer at his own convenience.

14. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

Ditto here. All my communication with Gary has been prompt and...well...fun!

15. jimpridx

Just know that when you call Gary, there won't be a guy by the name of Howard at the other end.

16. Blue Eyed Tone

Blue Eyed Tone Member

The wait times have come down on the GW amps and they are sounding better than ever too. I highly recommend them and Gary is great to deal with - no big ego issues, it's very refreshing!

17. jimpridx

Hey Michael! Good to see you!

18. rick13

rick13 Silver Supporting Member

I received my SODII last year. While I had to wait, I checked in from time to time to see where he thought I was in the process. About a month before my spot opened up, I heard from Gary and we went over all of the specifics of the build. Before I knew it, the amp was at my door. He ships them overnight. It was well worth the wait..trust me.
    Rick

19. Lamont

Lamont Supporting Member

I got mine within a few weeks . Im still blown away by how great this amp sounds .. Sweetist overdrive ive i ever heard ,, the fender style cleans are amaizing .. as far as a total grab and go rig , my Zingaro does it all . For the $$$ i just cant imaginea better all around Dumble voiced amp the Zingaro has been most impressive.. ALSO ,, cust. support has been great!!

20. glaswerks

glaswerks Gold Supporting Member

We are still around and shipping amps. About 12 months ago or so, I sent an email to all people on the list to get a confirmation that they wanted to remain on the list and to get contact information (address, phone numbers etc). The list that I have been building to are those people that responded at that time. I still have the original list and have sent emails to the two people on this thread that are on the original waiting list. The header is Glaswerks Contact Update.

SOD II's and Overdrive Deluxes are still a one person deal. I am the only one that builds those amps.

In an effort to get a few more of the Overdrive Deluxes out in the field, I will always squeeze those into the build schedule if a request is made for that model. Inside or outside of the SOD waiting list.

Zingaros (25W,50W and 100W) are always available on short lead times, Average lead times for the Zingaro run about 4 weeks. There is no waiting list for Zingaros at this time. I have two people (my sons Ryan and Travis) that build these amps. I do all final checkout, testing and setup of Zingaros.

If you have a question about position on the list, the best bet is to call me. My hours are pretty simple.

Monday ,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday Nights I am at my desk from about 6pm to 10pm.
    Wedesdays I have guitar lessons (taking jazz) and usually available after 8:30pm.

All day Saturday and Sundays.

All times are Mountain time, currently we are two hours behind the east coast (we don't change time here). After DST, we are three hours behind.

Desk number : 480 898-1058.

So if you have a question, give me a call.

Regards,
    Gary