Are the days of outrageously prices klons coming to an end?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by codyj84, May 6, 2012.

1. Jim Moulton

Jim Moulton Member

It is one pedal that alot of pros do use, and they can afford anything

2. Rupe

Rupe Supporting Member

What sample size are you basing your statement on? I've played three Klons in my day (2 at the same time through the same amp, one of which I owned...the third was a different time/place/amp so perhaps its not as good of an example) and they were each slightly different yet close. I've never played a clone so I can't comment on those. So, being a reasonably intelligent individual (for a guitar player anyway), I have to ask...can you be certain that all aluminum falcons are brighter and thinner than real Klons, or are you basing your opinion off of a singular experience?

3. Madison

Madison Supporting Member

I've owned the Klon and Aluminum Falcon. One is not brighter or thinner than the other, and they both have a very similar feel and response. The AF is a bit more neutral, or transparent. Problem is trying to get an AF is almost as hard as getting the Klon. At least the price is right.

4. DT7

DT7 Member

How many different AFs have you tried? How many different Klons?

5. cribcage

cribcage Member

On one hand, I'm not trying to insult anybody. I post with a smile; whatever our disagreements, we are all guitarists and that's pretty cool.

But on the other hand, if I'm reading you right, it sounds like you're basically saying, "Yup, I'm with Guitar Joe. No matter how much evidence may exist to prove that perception is affected by external factors, I am different. An item's cost or status cannot possibly affect my perception." In which case...well, I can understand why you'd feel insulted but I'm not sure what to tell you about it. Science apologizes?