Bearfoot honeybeest?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SUPERMUFF1, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Just wondering if anyone can chime in to let me know when these will be available? I hear that it will be more geared towards single coils and I want one real real bad. Thanks all

not sure if i mentioned i want one real bad:bowd!

2. cajone5

cajone5 Member

Still in the research phase but hopefully it won't be too much longer. It's a killer pedal for sure :aok

3. MadFrank

MadFrank Gold Supporting Member

First I've heard of them! Are they a variation on the HoneyBee thats tailored to single-coils rather than HB's then, or are they something different?

4. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

I think it's an HBOD with more gain on tap; not sure if the eq is any different.

5. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance Silver Supporting Member

I think the it's the HB with the internal trip pot for treble control maxed out?

More info at BJFE forum

6. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

huh, I like my bf honey bee more with my tele than with my LP. I kinda thought it was already geared more towards single coils

7. mlweidl

mlweidl Member

i could never get enough gain out of my hbod with my strat. But man with my gretsch it was something special

8. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

I completely agree with this. It definitely darkens & thickens my Esquires & it sounds awesome when stacked after another higher gain box like the Model H or DRD. So, I'm sort of surprised about the premise of the Honey Beest... though I'm sure it will be a really cool pedal.

9. cajone5

cajone5 Member

It's a really great sounding pedal -- it's EQ'd similar to the Bearfoot HBOD (slightly brighter with a tighter bottom end than the BJFe model). It is supposed to be similar to the HBOD Deluxe with the internal gain trimmer maxed out. It's still dynamic and has that HBOD sag feel (although with a tighter less fuzzy low end) but doesn't go nearly as low gain as the typical HBOD. It basically starts off near the top end of the HBOD gain dial and goes from there. All that said, it's still in the research phase and nothing is set in stone just yet. :)

Very cool pedal for sure with an incredible finish like you'd expect from Donner :aok More info can be found over at the BJFe forums.

10. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Cool thanks for the info. Im very excited about this one Im sure its gonna be a killer sounding od.

11. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Still patiently waiting anyone have any idea when they will release the beest. Might just grab a model h instead. I need some dirt thats not fuzz. ....BAD

12. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Wwwwwhhhhhhhheeeeennnnnnnnn will they release the beest?

13. jonnyrocket

jonnyrocket Member

A small batch went out already. I received mine a week or so ago. I'm not sure when Donner will be ready for the next batch as they are currently working on the Dyna Red Hot.

Maybe Donner can chime in later on.

14. DonneR

DonneR Gold Supporting Member

check the Bearfootfx.com customshop ;)

15. jonnyrocket

jonnyrocket Member

ThatÂ’s great! Just ordered a Dyna Red Hot.

And love the looks of the Mint Green Mini Vibe!

16. Abandoned

Abandoned Supporting Member

Bumping for more info from anyone who has one of these new honeybeests...??
    Is it still just as dynamic?

17. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Come on who has one or has played one. Im making room to get one very very soon. All the other bearfoots are great just wanna hear any personal opinions on the honeybeest....

18. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

Donner, the custom shop stuff looks awesome... including the finish on the Beest.

Just some constructive criticism... it would be really, really cool if you had more info & descriptions of all the BF pedals somewhere on your site.

19. cpricecpa

cpricecpa Supporting Member

I ordered last week and it delivered today. First impressions are very positive. It seems to fill a nice gap between the TS/low-gainer type pedals and the full on distortions. I usually have to just about dime a TS or back off a distortion to get a sound I like but this one seems to get that particular sound with the drive right at noon. Good pedal.

20. sparrow1133

sparrow1133 Member

is this true ? i really want to try a honeybee .. i'm not sure which to go with . i want the pedal to clean up fairly well .. but more gain on tap would be ( bee ) nice .