BEST Analog Delay pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by davidkiddmusic, Nov 19, 2005.

1. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

Looking for very warm, preferrably Tap tempo, ANALOG Delay pedal, with potentially longer delay times if there is a pedal out there like this... ? Any suggestions?

I already have the Maxon AD999 so please mention something other than that if you would.

Thanks.

dk

2. e-z

e-z Gold Supporting Member

Memory Lane. Only 550ms of delay time but it has tap tempo and sounds great. I got one last week and I dig it.

3. andershoeg

andershoeg Member

well....it's not really analog all the way, but the Carl Martin "Delayla XL" is a really nice pedal! Got it my self, and love it! But it IS NOT analog all the way!! Give it a try, anyway! The memory lane I haven't tried, but it looks like a nice pedal too!

4. andershoeg

andershoeg Member

BTW, it has got 1.000 ms delay.

5. Eric Pykala

Eric Pykala Member

If you can get by with 550 ms. (and I can), the Memory Lane is wonderful. It has its own unique coloration, and it sounds really good. I've gotten lots of compliments on my sound since I got it about a month ago, replacing my Gigadelay. It's really earned a place on my board, and that's where its staying!-Eric

6. Rid

Rid Senior Member

The Maxon is pretty good to put it mildly.
    The rest is just how you want the colour of your sound.
    But the Maxon has all one could ever need in a serious good delay.

7. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

I'd also say that the Maxon is the best you'll find, at least at a reasonable price.

If you want more than what it offers, I'd suggest the Line6 DL-4 or Echo Park. While they're digital modelers, not analog, they can get a warm sound while giving you a wider range of options than a straight up analog delay.

8. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Supporting Member

I only know of one analog delay with tap tempo - the Memory Lane. That's it's big claim to fame.

It may be a good analog delay, but there are a bunch of those. And it may do modulated analog delay, but there are others that do the same (EHX DMM, Ibanez AD202, Yamaha E1010). And it has the expression pedal input to control feedback, but so does the Moog. And it may have an effect loop, but so does the Moog. And I imagine an effect loop can be added to most existing analog delays.

It all depends on your specific needs/desires.

I am not knocking the ML, just saying that it is the only delay that meets the feature set you specified.

9. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

If you're a purist this may not be for you but for me the best delay pedal I have ever had is the T-Rex Replica. Really does not color your tone. Its analog in/analog out with some digital monkey business in between;)

RC

10. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

Andersonguy, I have one of those too. I like it for its features but it sounds a little too digital for me at the same time. I just wish I could find something with the sound of the AD 999 with the features of the Replica. I have both on my board but I guess Im just seeing if there was something out there that I didnt know about already.

Thanks a lot guys.

11. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

AHEM

the thread is "BEST Analog Delay pedal" with 9 replies and no one mentions the Toneczar Echoczar? why, cause its a 6 month wait right now? too expensive? seems like the clear winner to me... yes the Memorylane seems nice, i owned a Maxon AD80 and 900 and they were cool too, but if were gonna talk about the BEST, in order id have to say check out:

Toneczar Echoczar
    Moog Analog Delay
    Diamond MemoryLane

12. 57special

57special Member

Actually, the Cornish TES costs over twice as much as the Echoczar, and it's a 6 month wait (at least before you can even get on the waiting list)!!!

13. threm

threm Member

I have DMM, AD900, MemLane, Echoczar. It`s all good for different jobs but if I had to live with just one ............

the Ecoczar

14. theelectic

theelectic Guest

Too bad it's digital, huh? Which negates it for the purposes of this thread :)

15. Matt_Scogo

Matt_Scogo Member

Booo-yaaa... to the digi not analog!!! hehehehe

16. 57special

57special Member

Actually, I was commenting on price and waiting insanities (you can tell from the quote) brought up by someone else. However, i'll bet that the Cornish can sound as warm and 'analog" as you want, as i've heard it compared to an tape unit in quality of tone.
    Lastly, three other people posted in this thread in reference to digital or partly digital units. Are you now going to nitpick on their posts?

17. threm

threm Member

I have a bunch of delays; digital, analog, tape, pedals and rack.

I`ll claim that it`s impossible to get a digital delay to sound as bouncy, big, bold and fat as the Echoczar.

I`m not saying the Echoczar is the only way
    but for that type of sound

Ce n'est pas possible

18. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Supporting Member

Memory Lane.

19. theelectic

theelectic Guest

LOL I should, shouldn't I? :) Chill out man, it was a nudge/wink type of post - I thought the :) :) said it all.

Don't worry, you still win for name dropping the highest priced and best delay. OK? <--- JOKE!!! :) :) :)

20. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

(laughing to myself) You guys are out of control! I love it. Thanks for all the delay pedal tips. Im definately gonna check out the Toneczar.

Just as a side note, what do you guys think of the Trex Replica as a delay pedal setting aside the fact that its not analog.

:D ;)