Blind Melon/Roger Stevens Rig

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by todd richman, May 26, 2010.

1. todd richman

todd richman Member

2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Cool interview, thanks!

He's getting a degree now (!) and hoping to get the band back together soon.

[​IMG]

3. neville5000

neville5000 Supporting Member

I've been listening to a lot of BM lately. What a great band.

4. goodhonk

goodhonk Supporting Member

did they break up already? i bought that latest one and couldn't give it more than two listens.

5. JoeyHarley

JoeyHarley Member

they've never broken up, ever. just taken breaks after shannon and are still looking for the newest singer. travis was amazing, but his throat got so bad in canada in 08 that he had to stop for a few months and he and the band decided it was a good time to part ways. i agree....they spent years advertising they "didn't want another shannon" and then spent the 2 years with Travis telling him to sing more like shannon...

and don't listen to goodhonk. For My Friends is an amazing album, unless you think that all Blind Melon should have Shannon Hoon and they should never work or grow as a band again. If you're able to listen to it as it's own thing, it's great, and Travis is an amazing vocalist.

6. j_hotch

j_hotch Member

Does anyone know what kind of switcher he is using on that board? It looks durable and compact and maybe a little DIY.

7. guitartech

guitartech Member

That was the first/prototype Custom Audio Electronics (Bob Bradshaw) Pedalboard Switching System. Rogers and Bob worked that system up a few years ago. According to Bob, Rogers has since sold it.

Rogers 3 Monkeys head was a one off we did for him based on a JTM45-100 if memory serves...

8. JoeyHarley

JoeyHarley Member

i loved his sound that tour, and been trying to figure out what that amp was since i opend up for BM in atlanta a couple years ago!! we might need to talk, guitartech 8)

9. guitartech

guitartech Member

PM me.

10. goodhonk

don't listen to joeyharley.

11. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

I don't mind bands "growing" after the death of a member. But when it's your lead singer, your main songwriter. I think you should just rename the band. To me it is not, and never will be Blind Melon again. Although they are great :) But, again, to me it's not Blind Melon without Shannon.

Same with Alice in Chains, to me it's not AIC without Layne.

12. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

I liked Unified Theory better than the post Shannon stuff. Great band.

13. goodhonk

^ acdc is the only band i can think of that has successfully pulled that off.

14. JoeyHarley

JoeyHarley Member

Shannon Hoon was NOT the "main songwriter". he wrote the lyrics, which are only a part of the songs.

to aic: even considering the fact that Jerry Cantrell wrote all the lyrics and music and did all the arranging?

15. JoeyHarley

JoeyHarley Member

touche 8) what i meant, and should have said, was listen for yourselves and form your own opinion. and give it an honest chance. if you're only going to like Shannon, then you're not going to like it. Give it a chance to stand on it's own and you might, they're great songs.

16. goodhonk

:aok i really wanted to like it. i thought the guitar tones on the album were very good; it was the melodies and phrasing of the vocals that i didn't care for.