Bob Sweet Charity Official Thread

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Scott Peterson, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

The Gear Page officially supports and hope you will help out Bob Sweet. Teddy at Music Toyz has been instrumental in setting this up and organizing it. Here are the details from Teddy at Music Toyz:

The Bob Sweet Charity - It’s time to help one of our own Bob Sweet of Sweet Sound Electronics. Music Toyz.com started a seperate forum called the “The Bob Sweet Charity” to bring awareness and raise funds for our friend Bob Sweet’s fight with cancer with no insurance. Music Toyz.com has opened a seperate forum to pull toghther some ideas for auctions, donations, etc. If anyone has ideas, items, etc, please post them on the forum in The Bob Sweet Charity section. You can donate directly to Bob’s paypal account b0bsweet@bellsouth.net (thats a zero not a O).

Link to the Bob Sweet Charity Forum on Music Toyz: http://forums.musictoyz.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8211023064

2. Shades

Shades Member

3. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Supporting Member

4. soldano16

soldano16 Member

If a whole lot of folks give $10 or $20 each, that will all add up to some meaningful $$. It's not much.

5. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

I wanna sell a custom Audio dual rack guitar line mixer and have the proceeds sent to Mr Bob Sweet for his fund, also have brand new never used Boss DS-1 and SD -1. how do I sell em for cheep and send the money direct to Bob ?. PM me for exact info?

6. Rock72

Rock72 Member

When I return from the UK this week, I will post a pedal for sale for the Bob Sweet Charity.

Christian

7. screamingduck

screamingduck Gold Supporting Member

+1 You would be amazed at how much money can be raised if we all pitch in what we can afford. Let's go TGP'ers!
    P.S. Paypal sent!

8. DonneR

DonneR Gold Supporting Member

Would be cool to see a 'Build for Bob' effort --- one thing Bobs going to need is to keep his biz going too, and he will be weakened at least --- maybe if a few builders went down there and assembled pedals for him .... Florida in February - there are worse places to be....:)

9. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

i copied & pasted from the address up there Scott linked & just now came up with b0bsweet@bellsouXX.net not BOBs address,early i did the same out of Turtles thread with the same result :crazy.has my Mac finally went :NUTS?watch out when you send payment.

10. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

nope my Macs not Crazy when i scroll on it it comes up wrong,change that Scott,someone?

11. eric-d

eric-d Member

Man - he's such a nice human being...... I wish I had more to send. GET WELL SOON!

12. gregory49

gregory49 Senior Member

that is bobs paypal... it show sweet sound electronics when it goes through.

13. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Email corrected and updated.

14. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

Thanks Scott!:BEER

15. Lonely Raven

Lonely Raven Supporting Member

I don't know Bob Sweet, but any member of the gear community is worth helping out!

Pay Pal sent!!

Get well, Bob!

~Eric~

16. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

I have also posted some speakers in the dealer emporium that will all go toward helping Bob.

17. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

18. markom89

markom89 Member

I've got some pedals for sale in the emporium, and while not ALL the proceeds will go to Bob, the proceeds from one or two of them will. I know that my donation won't help much, considering I know very well what these types of medical bills can cost, but it's a start. Bob's a great guy, and while I've only spoken with him 4 or 5 times, that's enough to make me know he's a great human being.

19. cubba65

cubba65 Member

20. Wheels

Wheels Silver Supporting Member

PayPal sent. Best wishes, Bob.

Wheels