DigiTech Element and Element XP

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jwoertz, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Ringleader42

Ringleader42 Member

And not trying to be argumentative or bash your new product. I think we're all just kinda bummed that we have been wanting Digitech to come out guns blazing for a long time now and these products are kind of underwhelming for seasoned players. Would have rather seen you release your flagship to wow us and slip these little guys in under the radar while we all drool over the good stuff. But so it goes.

2. DigiTechRep

DigiTechRep Supporting Member

This is to be expected on TGP, the guys that buy the Element and ElementXP don't hang out here.

We no longer believe in the "flagship then trickle-down" cycle. We are treating each market segement as its own animal with its own needs.

3. mikah912

mikah912 Supporting Member

It's not even a "seasoned player" thing. If this was my first pedal ever, that display tells me nothing. Yes, I see that they have "category icons" underneath so you at least know if you're adjusting an amp model or an OD or whatever.

But it's not particularly helpful beyond that. Oh well...this cake is baked. They can fight it out with Vox StompLab for $70 bargain stuff that will likely have no impact whatsoever.

4. mikah912

mikah912 Supporting Member

We are giving you constructive feedback besides "Oh, it's not Axe-FX at 1/10th the price...FAIL".

Don't write it off so quickly.

5. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

:munch

6. jwoertz

jwoertz Supporting Member

It's very easy find the G3 in mint condition on eBay for $125 or lower.

7. DigiTechRep

Not writing it off. I think you will be happier with the product line in few weeks.

8. Ringleader42

Ringleader42 Member

Bingo.

9. R2112

R2112 Member

Unless you're going to revitalize all the products you guys introduced two years ago, and promptly abandoned, don't hold your breath.......

10. stratchamp57

stratchamp57 Member

Hopefully the new flagship contains updated amp sims because the ones in the current rp line are pretty pale in comparison to the pod hd or even the G3 sims.

11. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

Typical right? TGP, the place to crap on other people's ideas.
    I for one have used Digitech's gear for a long time. My main rig is the HD500, but I still have a RP200 as a nice little practice tool and for the kids to bang on. The user interface for the RP's, even though they aren't sexy, still function and are easy to understand.

I for one will wait to see what comes down the line.

Digitech will take heat from those here and maybe elsewhere if the newer stuff does not have the flexibility of the L6s gear. I do wish you guys would have never abandoned the GNX series and the WARP functionality. Those units were top notch pieces of gear.

Here are some better pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

Holy crap those are big... sorry!

But the layout is pretty simple. I think even better than the RP stuff currently. Go to the amp or effect, and change it with a knob.. hmm. I'm trying real hard to find something to B#$% about here.

What about DSP and algorithm's... same stuff?

13. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

I like the layout and the look of the units. Dedicated knobs for effect parameters would have been cool. This is more of a jam along practice tool instead of a stompbox G3 style, althought I suspect you could use it as such.
    While it isnt immediately clear how you would change parameters and types, I vastly prefer the new units UI, design, and layout over the old one. Remember this is just the start and they are releasing from bottom up, so to me this is exciting. The new units are a nice step up from the old of the comparable level:

NEW
    [​IMG]

OLD

[​IMG]

14. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Nice! I got started out with Digitech stuff (an RP6 IIRC), but since moved to Boss, then Line6, then 11R, then Fractal Audio. It would be nice if Digitech could make an impact.
    -
    Austin

15. frantick

frantick Member

At least they didn't require an iDevice or aDevice to use them! ;-)

-

Craig

16. sahhas

sahhas Member

i do like the look of it...

and i commend them for putting stuff out and trying...
    we're a hard group to please!!!!

i'd be interested to see them apply this to the RP series....

17. Aydan

Aydan Member

on their Facebook Digitech replied saying that

'The Element and Element XP have all updated models and DSP'

So I guess we wait and see.

Can't wait to see the updated versions of the RP1000!! I hope there will be one!

18. DigiTechRep

Yes, the Element and ElementXP use the updated FX algorithm's from the iPB-10.

19. Aydan

Aydan Member

DigitechRep, can you even give us any info whether there will be an Element that replaces the RP1000?

If these new algorithms are a step up from the RP1000/GSP1101 Then I will be picking one up day one!

20. DigiTechRep

Can't, sorry!