EGNATER OWNERS - Do You like the M4?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by robbph37, Dec 21, 2007.

1. k_kush

k_kush Member

My understanding is that that MHG will be discontinued sometime after the 1st of the year. THe EG5 is similar but cuts through much better in a full band mix. I have not played the MHG, but originally ordered one and was talked into the EG5 right before the M4 shipped. I am happy with the EG5 - it's pretty agressive though!

2. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Hey, is that... on the very top of the middle stack, next to the vase--is that an old Pioneer car stereo?!? I used to have one just like it! LOL :D

3. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

Those are SP-77's.

and, My Eggy IE-4 is the best preamp I have ever owned in my fleet. I still need an M4.

The EG-5 module is the best 80's high gain sound I've ever heard. :AOK

edit: after close examination of grooveking's pic, I've only owned like 14 of the items in the picture. It would be more, but I don't see a 2150, a 9100, a 3+, etc, etc, etc. :lol:

4. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

low-crawling under the barbed wire at Fort Masterc
    Here are some clips with Egnater modules in either an M4 to VHT power amp or MOD 50 all the way baby. Somewhere in there is my last album sampler that takes you through an album's worth of different Egnater tones in a full mix setting in five minutes or so. Unfortunately, getting a great tone out an amp is pretty easy when the track is just soloed; however, getting it to sit in a full mix is a different story. Egnater stuff is stupidly versatile and full-power great tone all around.

5. vinney57

vinney57 Member

Come on man... only one M4? You're really not taking this gear thing seriously are you?

6. jmgman70

jmgman70 Member

Holy ****!

7. robbph37

robbph37 Member

John,
    Good clips and tastefull playing. I cant wait to get my M4. I called back and changed the MHG to the E5. Your clip confirmed my decision. The Twin sounds great so I look forward to using it. I think the Vox Mod will be a great module for straight stuff. How aggressive is the M5? I hope I wont need a OD pedal for solos.

8. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks, but I don;t know what you mean by the M5. The EG5 is very aggressive. This is clip has the EG5 on rhythm and lead.

9. PureTone

PureTone Member

Jeff Hilligan of egnater has a made a personal modual for himself that has the best qualitys of MArshalls/ Vox type . The tone will ring in your ears for days afterwards- It still haunts me, and its been a week since I delivered a load of pickups to them. Perhaps a call to Jeff, He may come off a few- They are that good!!

10. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Silver Supporting Member

Has anyone else noticed how QUIET the Egnater stuff is? After years of playing Boogie and Marshall stuff, I was absolutely amazed at the lack of hiss from my Mod50. Even with high gain modules like the EG5 and SL2 cranked up to ridiculous gain and master levels, the level of noise is negligible. Crank a Boogie or Marshall up like that and you think you're in a wind tunnel. Just one more thing to like about these awesome amps.

11. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Gold Supporting Member

Now that you mention it, there's one more thing I like about it!

12. Mercury25

Mercury25 Supporting Member

New Mod50 owner here...
    +1000 to all the comments above!

I have the VX, which sounds great clean and channel 2 can get a great crunchy HiWatt sound.
    Just got the SL2 from AmpLounge today and I don't think I'll be looking for another amp for awhile.

EXCEPT, the problem is now I have M.A.S.--Module Acquisition Syndrome!!

13. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Supporting Member

+1000......welcome to the MAS club!! Been there for several months now.........ahhhhhhh:RoCkIn

14. hjcooper

hjcooper Member

Got my M4 for Christmas. Can't recommend it highly enough! Don't think I'll ever look at another amp again. Unless it's an Egnater. T/D module for my cleans

15. Axeplyr

Axeplyr Member

Over at Egnater.com, on the "modules" page:

The "BMAN MODULE":

“Just Dirty Enough”. Bad description for your toothbrush. Good description for women. The perfect description for guitar tones. When you’re looking for a guitar tone that’s just dirty enough, look no further than the BMAN.

16. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Ah yes, the one module I don't; have yet. Must have...:drool

17. Mercury25

Hey John,

Speaking of modules you must have--you have some great clips posted and based on your experience, which 'high-gain" module do you recommend for say (be gentle...) Creed/Nickelback/Saliva type stuff?
    I'm leaning toward the E5 or Erect...

Thanks and sorry for the hi-jack...please, continue!

18. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Hey Mercury25,

Thanks for checking out the clips. Unfortunately, I am not up on those bands so I can't give you a precise answer. Sorry to be a fart-knocker, just haven't heard too much of those bands.:jo If you have any questions about the clips I've done, do feel free to ask on the clip thread in my sig.

19. Mercury25

Thanks for the reply John...

Those bands primarily use Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifiers, Bogner Uberschalls and the like.
    Not really too mid-scooped, but that heavier/gain tone.

Thanks!

20. fogman

fogman Member

Oh boy!
    Here comes some more GAS and MAS!!!!!!