Eric Johnson's 2009 pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eddie101, Feb 10, 2009.

1. eddie101

eddie101 Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Notice that he is using a Smoky Audio Tubeless OD - between a wah and a surge protector -pedal. I just got the most recent/updated "Dumble" pedal and am LOVING it. I can't wait to ABUSE it tomorrow. :D

2. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

So he is using the Smoky-I think he got the EL-84 version though not the 34D which is what I also have and will be selling cheaply soon. I needed a less Dumble-esque pedal and found it with something else. Is he not using his Si fuzz face anymore-it seems to be missing from the pic?

3. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Supporting Member

dd-2?

4. gtr777

gtr777 Member

For someone that's crazy about tone, that's a lot of cable in between each pedal...

5. eddie101

eddie101 Silver Supporting Member

Nope, he's got the 34D version. I am not sure about his Fuzz, though. Perhaps Lance K can chime in?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  6. zenfreud

zenfreud Supporting Member

He probably does it to roll-off some highs. Seriously.

Either that, or it's a pic of a temporary board he uses for trying out different pedal combinations.

7. drod2045

drod2045 Member

is that a lovepedal believe with the plugs that plug into the top of the pedal? to the right of the mxr comp. whats that to the right of that pedal (in front/right of the tube driver)?

8. camitchell

camitchell Member

If you guys knew anything about astrology, you'd see the layout makes perfect sense.

9. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

"Splain please?

10. James

James Member

"is that a lovepedal believe with the plugs that plug into the top of the pedal? to the right of the mxr comp. whats that to the right of that pedal (in front/right of the tube driver)?"

I believe that is an effects loop box for the EH Memory Man. I'm pretty sure that he's always used his MM in a loop box. Used to take the MM in and out of the signal path.

11. sleejay80

sleejay80 Member

Hilarious:D

12. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Just judging from the sound of his Fender Namm kickoff gig, it sounds like he's switched to germanium fuzz of late. I don't know that for sure though.

13. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

dude i dont play nearly as big shows as he does, and I could never have that kind of mess on my board. I mean if something went wrong on my board, it would be a quick fix, that might take you all day to isolate the problem, I love Eric Johnson though.

14. andrewface

andrewface Supporting Member

me thinks i need a dynacomp

15. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

IIRC, everything down to the angle at which the tube driver is mounted is specifically done for tone reasons.

those cables between the pedals are probably coiled up a particular number of turns and in an exact arrangement!

16. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

He's obviously trying out new things coz his pedal board has remained much the same over the years...

He's always had the 2 a/b's one switches between lead and rhythm and the other switches clean & dirty rhythm...

The big thing here is no fuzz and the addition of the boss delay (dd2 is my guess)... The tube driver is still on its pedestal tho :)

17. Brian Maestro

Brian Maestro Member

18. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Supporting Member

The silver pedal looks like a gaspedals pedal. Carb?

19. h0ss66

h0ss66 Supporting Member

The newer standard DynaComps MXR is selling are very cheaply made, the jacks on mine broke after a week, although the '76 reissues is damn nice. Save up for the '76...

20. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

I'm guessing the fuzz is hidden in that picture. You can't see the lower right portion of his board, where he usually keeps his fuzz.