Fender MIM Deluxe Strats : Lonestar,Roadhouse,Deluxe Players?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by V-Type, Oct 26, 2011.

1. V-Type

V-Type Member

Ive been tempted too try another Strat for quite awhile and a Fender loving friend of mine told me too go the Fender MIM Deluxe route vs the other MIM's,MIJ's and the entry Hwy1's for low $$$$ too high quality Strat.
    I had a couple of USA strats an 88 and a 90 but they werent that great for me feel wise(both were maple neck btw).
    So who has a MIM deluxe and how do you like it ,can you make a fair comparison too the other Fender Strat models?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. mrkenny

mrkenny Member

I stumbled upon a 50's Roadworn Strat a while back. I was so impressed I bought another as a back up. I have no idea why these MIM Fenders so it for me, they just do.

3. David Garner

David Garner Gold Supporting Member

I'm curious about the Roadhouse Strat myself.

4. bluzkat

bluzkat Member

V Type,

Do yourself a favor and also check out the 'new' Am Std Strats. These were updated in 2008 (I believe), I have a 2010 Am Std and the quality is amazing for the money. I've had my Strat almost two years and it still amazes me everytime I pick it up!!

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I have Deluxe Powerhouse strat (discontinued but they pop up second hand from time to time). Some call it the Clapton strat's little brother. Great guitar with nice fit and finish.

The features are a 12dB mid-boost with master no-load tone control, and a beefy neck with 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets.

So that's my MIM Deluxe tip. Thank me later. All you have to do is find one in Candy Apple Red ;).

6. shane88

shane88 Member

i like the deluxe players - ash/usa noiseless/12"/gold hardware - tempted to get 1

7. zephaniah zion

zephaniah zion Member

You'll get a fair amount of "don't go MIM" for varied reasons. Do yourself a favor and play as many guitars in the model line as possible and let the guitar stand out to you. No matter the price tag, there are good and bad at every price point, each and every one of them.;) That said I personally like the Roadhouse line and HWY1s.

8. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

These are very nice if the specs fit you....lose the pups, however.

9. Bro.Twang

Bro.Twang Member

I have a roadhouse strat, its a nice geetar. Its the honey blond with the brown shell pg. I changed out the pups, didnt care for the tx sp. Overall a good value.

10. dantedayjob

dantedayjob Member

I have two MIM Strats, a Classic 50s and a Richie Blackmore signature. Both are fantastic guitars... they needed a good setup, but hey... how many guitars don't?

11. David Garner

David Garner Gold Supporting Member

I'm thinking of snagging a black one and turning it into a Gilmourcaster.

12. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck Member

I have a Mexican Standard strat that I've really enjoyed. It's a 2010 in candy apple red with rosewood board. I have changed out the pickups (Dimarzio noiseless).

13. Progbusters

Progbusters Member

I got one. Its very nice.