Fuchs Verbrator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bilbal, Jan 11, 2009.

1. bilbal

bilbal Member

Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing well.

Is the Verbrator basically a "dumblator, Klein-ulator, Bludo loop-a-lator" in that it does the same thing that they do but for much, much less dough? Also, how would other effects (from a pedalboard) now be introduced to the rig? Do they too have to be put through the effects loop or can they now be used in front of the amp?

Thanks,
    Bill

2. LVC

LVC Senior Member

3. bilbal

bilbal Member

Thanks LVC, I was going to send you a pm directly but I saw that you weren't on line last night so I decided to just go ahead and post a thread. Thanks for the reply.

Let me ask, did you get a chance to add other effects to the rig when you had the Verbrator proto? I'm wondering if effects can be used in front of the amp or if you [personally] think you get better quality by adding them all into the effects loop now that there's a "buffer" of sorts. I dig the addition of reverb. It kinda kills two birds with one stone you know? Basically, I'm thinking it will take the place of a "Dumblator" type device and an expensive studio reverb rack piece like a TC 2290, essentially eliminating the need for a separate rack. I'm sure, knowing Andy's work, the reverb will be studio quality and then some.

Thanks,
    Bill
    EDIT: I'm also wondering if it will help with the effects loop of my SLO.

4. LVC

LVC Senior Member

It is designed to replace the expensive dumbulator and an external reverb unit.

You plug in your external effects (such as delay which can sit on your pedalboard) into Verbrator the same way you would plug into the loop of an amp with an active loop.

No need for racks with the Verbrator --- can all sit on your board

Couple of big differences, the Fuchs unit has to the rack units and other pedal style units

1) built in killer reverb
    2) can run in either series or parallel modes

5. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Hey Bill: Thanks for the interest. LVC, thanks for helping.

The Verbrator can be used a few different ways:

1) As a loop (in a passive loop on an existing amp). The loop is virtually identical to the ODS loop (series/parallel, pedal or rack level signals).

In this case you get a buffered unity gain send (like when your amp has a loop), and a gain boost with level control on the return end. This means an amp with a passive loop (Bludo, Dumble, Brownnote, Ceriatone, Two-Rock, Marshall, etc) can run tubed or solid state outboard effects without loading effects. The Verbrator can sit on top of the amp, and runs off a 9-V outboard power supply (supplied). The tube runs at a full 300-V, due to a switching power supply, so it's essentially the same as the rack mount units a few guys sell, with the benefit of a great internal reverb. It can be mounted in a rack on a rack shelf or the bottom of your rack, or stuck to the top of a rack effect on velcro. A rack unit is being contemplated for production. A custom rack version can be built to order currently.

2) Through an active loop adding a reverb to a non-reverb amp (while maintaining loop connections). Since many people simple want to add reverb to an amp (not an elaborate rack of stuff) I expect this to be the most common use. The reverb has variable decay, so it can go from short pan, to the average long pan, to a full hall, with the twist of the knob.

3) As a reverb pedal on a pedalboard. Simple in and out connections (last device on the way back to the amp) adds reverb to your pedal board, into a clean amp.

4) As a "utility pedal". Since it has a buffer and a gain stage, and they can be used independently, you can use the Vebrator to buffer a cable run, to add some gain to a pedalboard etc. As a buffer/booster, you would not use the reverb function.

BTW: first run is pretty-much already sold out (spoken for by dealers). Shipments are finally underway. Next run starting post-NAMM, once we know the approximate new-order count. Dealers will (however) hold a slot for a reasonable deposit...And yes Bill: Others do less, and cost more...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  6. bilbal

bilbal Member

Cool Thank you Andy and LVC for the info. I get it now.

As far as my pedalboard goes...Fuchs Valve, Pure Gain (on order), MK 4.23, Boss T-Wah, delay, vibe, chorus, etc... can I just keep it in front of my amp while I run the Verbrator on top of it thru the effects loop? Or, would I now want to run everything through the loop of the Verbrator? Is this just back to personal preference as in whether or not I like my effects in the loop or in front?

Thanks again guys. I appreciate your help,
    Bill

7. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Bilbal: Obviously, if you have a loop, that's the ideal place for the Verbrator. If you are running a clean amp, it can be the last device on the pedal board as well. I'd suggest trying both ways, to decide which suits your setup the best. Thanks for the interest !

8. joellegros

joellegros Member

Just wondering if this will bring the line level send from the Soldano SLO tube series fx loop down to instrument level so that you can use this with instrument level pedals. I'm also interested in using it in the loop. I'm debating between this and the kleinulator or a red plate. The nice thing about the Fuchs is the ability to go parallel. I like that a lot, because the other two do not do that. I also found these dumblator clones, but unfortunately they don't make them anymore. They look amazing check them out. http://www.flexamp.com/english/flexloop_overview.html

Bill, it seems that you and I have the same taste in gear. I own and SLO as well as a MK 4.23 boost. Where do you put you're boost? In front or in the loop?

9. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

The Verbrator (r) will adjust levels up and down to pedal and/or line levels on both send and return.

10. tambokgt

tambokgt Member

I met Andy and saw the verbrator at last years LA Amp show. Its an awesome pedal. I'm getting one...now problem is where to buy one.....hmmmm.

11. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

They have gone out to many dealers in the last few weeks. There's a steady flow (finally) leaving the shop these days. Drop an e-mail, we can tell you what dealers may have stock.

12. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

They are shipping regularly, so if your dealer doesn't have one, yell at him !!!

af

13. In Tune

In Tune Member

Where is the new one????????????????:FM :dunno

14. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Will the "Good Verbrations" be shipping soon also?

15. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Yes, shipments have started.

16. windfeld

windfeld Member

I have written to a lot of shops, and I just can't find any "good verbration" pedals... hmm

17. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I just ordered the Verbrator from Music Toyz and it ships today. Can't wait, I saw Herring use one and was floored by how a reverb can become an instrument!

18. GAT

Got the Verbrator today and ran it through the loop on the 20th Ann. Bogner XTC. Wow! It actually sounds like a REAL reverb and has zero tone suck/alteration to the tone, except that it adds reverb!

Kudos to Fuchs!

I haven't plugged anything into the loop of the unit, not sure what I would use that for.

19. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

THANKS !!!!

20. GAT

Hey Andy, nice job!!

What do you envision running through the loop?