Good dealings thread! It's needed!

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by rockinlespaul, Mar 20, 2008.

1. vicenzajay

vicenzajay Member

I've had any number of good deals on TGP - however, I just did a deal with "Drop D" that was simply outstanding. Since he only has a single post right now in the forum, I thought I'd post this up for everyone to see. Thanks again, Drop D, for the simply stunning Vintage White Thin Skin Strat!

Of note - when he said the guitar was "as new" - it was really as new. I mean totally mint and just like he represented the instrument, the case, and the contents. This is, sad to say, becoming rarer and rarer with online buying lately.

Unfortunately, for all the good deals I've had on TGP, I recently had another transaction on an "as new" guitar that arrived simply not "as new". The case was completely beat up and just barely functional, paint chips on all the metal hardware, a completely filthy trem cavity, indentions on the neck, nicks on the edge of the fretboard, an unplayable instrument when it arrived (action a 1/2 inch off the 12th fret), etc. etc.

Problem was that the only solution the seller would accept was to have me return it, postage paid on my end.

I decided in the end to take the high road and just eat the deal. I'll put a lot of love and care into the instrument - but the really troubling part of this is that the user (seller) involved is a long time member, has over 4 thousand posts, and even admitted that he didn't really look the guitar over well enough. Then he wouldn't budge with regard to paying postage or coming up with a fair solution. Wow - I was seriously disappointed - I expected much better from a long standing TGP member.

That thread has dropped off the "be deleted" list in the for sale forum, by the way, so please don't go looking for it. This is just a reminder to be exceptionally clear in your communication with any seller as to what his or her definition of "mint" or "as new" actually means. I would have thought it would have been fairly clear, but over and over again lately people who sell on forums seem to be misrepresenting the condition of their items for sale.

Drop D, however, completely was on the mark with his "as new instrument! It is completely brand, spankin' new - nice transaction!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. peanutavalon

peanutavalon Supporting Member

Two great deals today with fritzreiser and navigator.

3. translucent_tubes

translucent_tubes Member

Hello all,

I did my first deal on TGP with Abadiemet -- it was a great experience. I'm extremely happy with the guitar, a blonde Tele with some great mods.

The shipping was done very carefully and the guitar was exactly as described. Abadiemet was very fair and honest and went out of his way to make it a good experience and I wanted to post some good Karma here.

Thanks again Abadiemet!

4. NeilYoungFan

NeilYoungFan Supporting Member

Good deals with : schlagsaite, deebow, rowanb1234, dohootowl, soli528, Granzie, verticalblues, wailsound, cantineboy, Henry_13, DC_injektilo, nicocaster, otaypanky, askthedust, smogfalls, markokarhu, guitmatt, Hugh DaMann, CaptainAwesome, StopReferencing, Gretsch1972, Orwells Ghost, cr8z4life, vtckf (X2), fox5150, sweetpea, Brad J, electric swan, ebenezer, jaydawg76, blue_lu, zion, Canon, TMock, scmavl, Cake Bakist, tonally cool, msnl, elroostars, plumcrazy, Timinator, rcl, MK50H, Snail, telephone, LordRiffenstein, jruano, parkerbro, mr coffee, zygoat, jetattblue, phantomX, Silot, this1smyne and others

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  5. pjholland

pjholland Member

First deal on the TGP. It was with Tegmen and a good one.

6. Csapo

Csapo Gold Supporting Member

I've had recent great dealings with;

- Wild Billy
    - Plexico
    - lakehaus
    - datsun
    - or bowling
    - jid

Thanks to all...

7. Tbox52

Tbox52 Supporting Member

Good dealings with KOA. I'm new to TGP and this was my first sale. KOA is a great guy and a pleasure doing business with. Would highly recommend him.

8. A440

A440 Member

Some additions:

lofgren
    wyatt3
    goldtele
    Crikey
    sheatone
    crxshdxmmy
    michael patrick
    Ringo
    Jemlite
    tomuchrock41gtr
    puddinstone

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  9. Teledeluxe77

Teledeluxe77 Member

Tonecontrol, tonefree, hub37, kenny blue, nightmorph, RANMAN, GBlekas, Phillip_H, JBOWLES

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  10. Mikey2201

Mikey2201 Member

Adding Frank1959 to my good dealings. Guitar arrived in good condition (as described), good communication fast shipping.Would absolutely buy from again.

11. ChampReverb

ChampReverb Silver Supporting Member

Good deals with:

ccteleman, Michael Dukes, Mr Coffee, brads, Gris Gris Man, Moods, Guitarplayerdan, hdahs143, dtirer, dlc1953, daveyp, Biggelzworth, bohemianbrian, MACS93EG, speakerdad, mojotele65, msgdsrf, vicenzajay, pentode, Dazed, MSUsousaphone, lovelife, Madison and others

-bEn r.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  12. SuperSonic

SuperSonic Supporting Member

Great deal with PR les. Nash T-52 that will be missed

13. MrSoGood

MrSoGood Member

My complete good deals list (The most recent transactions are listed last)...

Purchased from: Dan7_69, shanetram, Funky Monkey, ETS, roknfnrol, sameoldblues, Dr. Sleepy, tapeworm, Jess1971, RockStarNick, MHermans, jnepo1, AndrewC, betteriz1day, guy74585, bamablues, dudleys100, steelerboy329, actonesceneone, PerFusionist

Traded with: kfiggy, fugot, orange worker, Delayed Delay, saltydogg, Used666, randombastage, kevinhifi, JakeELee, Debonair0806, Thorazine Dream, Scottone, dlc1953, jazzblaster, jbangulo, terrapin, steelerboy329

Sold to: mainstreetexile, Badfrog, jrjones, elcidd, Monkey Boy, betteriz1day, Hugh DaMann, ZepFuzz05, willywallum, OMTerria, stubbyJ, RockStarNick, FenderBigot, fulltone1989, French Fry, forestryguy, Rick Towne, DJones, hub37, davyped, Frankenstrat86, DrGonzo (2x), rschultz13, brettmoor, jrh60, weshunter (2x), cubanbass, 12guitdown, Bazaboy33, HillbillySims, andoka, VintageToneGuy (2x)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  14. Mojo Shinn

Mojo Shinn Member

I am a lurker here at TGP, but found a PRS Starla that Crowder was selling. The guitar was exactly how described, and was in beautiful condition. He took the time over the phone to explain the guitar's history and any issues (or rather, lack of them). He also packed it excessively well, and kept me informed about shipping, money receipt, etc. Great experience overall.

15. VictorNoel

VictorNoel Member

Latest great deals with jazztastic & themeanreds. Thanks guys!

16. gtone

gtone Member

Great deals with moredirt, bcgraphicsguy, Ron Thorn and one more guy I bought a LovePedal COT50 Gold from in Cali (sorry I forgot your name, but you know who you are - hee, hee...).

17. Mr. E.

Mr. E. Gold Supporting Member

Insanely good dealings with GAT and brian.robert

good gear, and excellent communication, shipping, packing, etc. on both counts!

18. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Thanks, same to you!

19. ababasin

ababasin Member

Just had a great deal with Mr. E.! Great communication, great guitar, packaged properly, and shipped promptly. Couldn't be happier!

20. randprix

randprix Silver Supporting Member

I just had a great deal with Dylmit!
    Fast shipping and great communication!
    thanks buddy!