Have anyone tried decibel 11 hot stone deluxe power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by killermax, Jan 30, 2013.

1. killermax

killermax Member

Im finding a power supply for my pedal board and stumbled upon this one. Its a little bit cheaper than the DC10 and has more options than the PP2+.

Anyone tried before? How about the JOYO isolated power supply? Its dirt cheap compared to them.

Thanks

2. BobbyKeller

BobbyKeller Member

I personally use two decibel eleven power supplies including the hot stone deluxe. I couldn't be happier with them and they are dead silent. No
    hum or power problems. They are very reliable and I used to use the PP2+ and I would never go back after switching to the hot stone. Plus the price is awesome so don't let the price fool you or make you think the quality is low. Definitely try it...it's worth it!!
    Bobby Keller

3. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Supporting Member

Anyone else have any experience with these? Preferably someone with more than one post in their history who is not obviously a sock puppet for the Decibel 11 marketing department?

4. Jimtherocker

Jimtherocker Member

Excuse my also low post count, been lurking a while, but I do own a decibel eleven hotstone deluxe. I have not tried any other isolated supplies and have only owned it since the start of this year, so can't really compare in terms of operation or reliability.

My main reason for purchasing over the voodoo labs was the extra options (to power my Nova repeater at 12 V, 300 mA). My reason for purchasing over the Cioks was that it was in stock in a guitar shop where I live with the appropriate voltages for New Zealand.

I have however owned non-isolated power supplies previously, (in particular a belcat/crossfire one which had both 9 and 12 volt outs but wasn't isolated) and the hotstone has fixed the issue with digital delay clock noise bleeding that I used to have.

5. Josh Fiden

Josh Fiden Member

That's funny!

I wonder what price Bobby paid when he says "the price is awesome"? I thought they were priced about the same as a VL 4X4, which is made in the USA, not China.

Regards,

Josh Fiden
    Founder / CEO
    www.voodoolab.com
    www.facebook.com/scarygoodtone

6. Fender4life

Fender4life Member

I have a low post count and a PP2+ I paid,,,welll I don't actually remember, but it works pretty good,,,, where do I fit into the profiling ;-)

7. Loni Specter

Loni Specter Member

8. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Supporting Member

Does it have to be made in China?

If a USA made supply that has the best rep in the business is an option check out the Voodoo Lab 4X4. My pp2 has never let me down as well as our show boards. Rock solid.

9. alanbass1

alanbass1 Member

I have a Hotstone Deluxe and couldn't be happier with it

10. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

It's cheap alright, but that's partly because it actually isn't isolated...

The Decibel 11 stuff I don't know anything about, aside from the published specs.

11. jul.brown90

jul.brown90 Supporting Member

I have Hotstone Deluxe as well. Works great !

12. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Member

I have been using a Hotstone Deluxe for several months now. It is powering an Ethos OD, Timmy, Boss Chorus, Flanger and TU3 tuner, TCE Flashback Delay and a Line6 wireless transmitter and it has worked flawlessly. Their support was very helpful when I was setting it up. Nothing but high marks from me.

BD

13. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Member

what was the point of that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  14. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

I've just ordered a Decibel Eleven Deluxe from Will at : http://www.guitaralley.com.au/#!theshop/c161u

He's the cheapest and fastest in Oz and 12% less than the rip-off
    VoodooLab importer sells PP2+ at
    I'll probably have sleepless nights wiring up all the pedals and supplies on
    the incoming PedalTrain3 . :dude

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013