If i buy a used timefactor can i still get updates?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nikkibikini, Apr 30, 2012.

1. nikkibikini

nikkibikini Member

What info do i need? Or do you have to be the original owner?

2. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens Member

No, you don't have to be the original owner, but I think you need to have your product registered on their site. Probably just the serial number, but I don't recall.

If you can't register it straight away, I'd bet they can walk you through it on the phone.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  3. Laurie

Laurie Member

I did exactly this. I simply emailed Eventide to say I was the new owner and they added the device to my account. No fuss, and only about 24 hours turn-around.

As soon as it was registered I was able to update the pedal with no issues.

4. jb4674

jb4674 Member

Just ask the previous owner to unregister the TimeFactor under his/her profile and then you can register it under your profile. If you don't have one, you go and create one and then register your TF. You'll need the S/N which is on the box or under the pedal, the date you purchased it and the name of the person or store.

TimeFactor Software Update Page:
    http://eventide.com/Home/Eventide/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/TimeFactorUpdate.aspx

Eventide Register a Product Page:
    https://www.eventide.com/User/RegisterProduct.aspx

If the previous owner can't/won't unregister the TF, call Eventide and they'll be able to register it for you. Keep in mind that you'll have to create an account with Eventide in order to be able to update the TF.

5. nikkibikini

nikkibikini Member

thx guys. quick follow up question. is it possible at all to get any grit, dirt, drive, boost, hair, etc...out of any of the timefactor settings?

6. Laurie

Laurie Member

I asked them to unregister it by email. Worked just fine.

7. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens Member

I haven't owned it for a while now, so I may be out of touch with the latest updates...

That said, I recall at least one of the delays had a bit resolution setting where you could dial it down to be pretty lo-fi.

It doesn't add gain to the dry signal like, say, an EP-3 preamp would though.

But it's an awesome pedal. I regret selling mine pretty regularly even though once I started to use the 11R I stopped using outboard effects very much.

8. nikkibikini

nikkibikini Member

Thx thats helpful.