IPhone slow down app?

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by ckeating, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ckeating

ckeating Member

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for a slow down app for Iphone?

Capo looks good, almost like the Transcribe! for the Iphone, but $20 is alot. But if you guys have strong recommendations I'd consider.

Any other options than Capo and ASD?

Thanks.

2. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

I have Capo, it is superb. The sound remains clear upon tempo or pitch change. It also has some cool features such as putting the left or right channel into both earphones, a frequency eliminator and equaliser. I was fortunate to buy it on sale.
    I also have another called AB Loop. While the developer puts a lot of effort into it with updates and new features it falls short on the sound quality, it warbles when slowed down.
    Many of the free guitar amp simulators have a slow down looping feature.

3. Sensible Musician

Sensible Musician Member

AB Loop is great because it lets you very quickly and easily bookmark and recall sections of a song, and it is by far the fastest of any I've tried at loading additional songs - it lets you do a playlist. Very handy for learning a show on short notice with lots of reps.

If you learn music with new/unfamiliar harmony it is really handy to be able to shift the pitch up an octave and hear the bassline in the vocal register (though I do have as a goal for myself to work on hearing bass better in its own register). Anytune will move the pitch by an octave and keep it intelligible, and the Pro version with the good algorithm is only $10. There is a free version that works great for many things. Capo has a more beautiful/elegant interface, but for reasons unknown I prefer Anytune; they have very similar features.

AB Loop is the one I use the most.

4. Axis29

Axis29 Member

A buddy of mine bought me Mimicopy. It seems to work pretty well.

5. jsepguitar

jsepguitar Member

I have Capo and like it, but you may want to find a cheaper option. I agree that it is probably overpriced at $20.

6. Jamie_Mitchell

Jamie_Mitchell Senior Member

ASD is great...
    way worth the money

j

7. Humancapo

Humancapo Member

Another Capo user, works exceptionally well, but I agree the price is a bit much. I wish the Transcribe dude would offer an app, I really like his version for Mac.

8. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

AB Loop has the best looping features of any of the phrase training apps out there. I just wish the sound quality and the sensitivity of the slow feature worked better, at least for me.
    How is the sound quality when slowed down for you ? Maybe it's my iPad 1 ?

9. monty

monty Member

I'm a huge fan of tasd. A piece of cake to use which is important to me.

10. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

I tried the demo for two minutes and bought the full version. Tremendous. Who needs a computer anymore?

11. willyboy

willyboy Member

Amazing Slowdowner works quite well.

12. eschatts

eschatts Member

Imusician. It is only a couple bucks. Works great only thing I don't like is that it sues not look for files on device. You need to upload them. It works great.

13. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Member

I bought Amazing Slowdowner a while ago and it's the best $15 I've spent on guitar in a long time!

14. Sensible Musician

Sensible Musician Member

Not quite as good as Capo or Anytune Pro algorithm (which you can purchase separately - the base program is free). But it is not at all distracting for me. It sounds fine at full speed, so if anything it's a carrot before the horse, coaxing me up to full speed : )

15. Sensible Musician

Sensible Musician Member

BTW to everyone recommending Amazing SlowDowner: that was the first one out AFAIK, and I bought it, too (back then). Is there anyone who has also bought Capo, ABLoop, and Anytune and still prefers ASD?

I don't even have ASD installed anymore.

16. Jeremy_Green

Jeremy_Green Member

I use AB Loop and Anytune HQ... They both work fine.

Fwiw I do find it slightly amusing hearing people complain about sound quality etc on these things. I spent so much time destroying my records by lifting the needle or putting my finger on the turntable to slow it down. It is just SUCH a luxury having the thing just loop a section!

17. mjt335

mjt335 Supporting Member

Amplitube has loop/slow down functionality. It's pretty basic but it works.

18. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

Not a complaint, just an observation.

19. buddastrat

buddastrat Supporting Member

That's insane that a phone could do this. What's next? An app that will play the thing for us! I'm sure it's possible even now.

20. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Member

Amazing Slow Downer is the only one I've used. It does everything I want it to do.