Jersey girl guitars

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by samdjr74, May 22, 2012.

1. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

Hi All,

So Stashman's recent emporium thread has me drooling over the keyboard as usual but the one that sticks out is the Jersey Girl.

I know they are made by 2 people somewhere in Japan and I also know that new they can cost more then my 1st and 2nd car combined. So I'm wondering, besides the used market is their anyone else doing something similiar?

And when I mean similar I mean the inlay work, it reminds me of Native American art work.

I'm just so fascinated by these guitars I even got my wife excited about it!!!

Sam

2. stashman

stashman Supporting Member

3. Pedro58

Pedro58 Member

I've admired their stuff for years. The website is the only place I've seen them.

4. rcalcutta

rcalcutta Gold Supporting Member

Stashman has me thinking about that guitar too. He is a very dangerous person.

5. samdjr74

Well I have a pretty nasty exam I need to take next week for work. If I pass and Scott still has the Jersey Girl I might need to pick her up as a reward to myself.

6. beorn

beorn Member

Just don't name her "Snooki."

7. Bryan Jeppson

Bryan Jeppson Member

If they were really Jersey Girl guitars, all the inlays would be fake leopard skin. Trust me, I have to walk among them.

8. samdjr74

Ok, off topic rant.

And it's not an angry rant at anyone here, just a rant about the crap on TV.

I am from an Italian brack ground. I was born and raised in NJ and still live here today. I do not hang out in a tanning booth to match the color of small chocolate makers in Willy Wonka's factory. I don't "fist pump" I don't have teased or frosted hair and I don't drive an iroc z even though I did own a black Trans Am which was just mean.

Snooki and the rest of the NJ shore cast can go back to NY where they came from. I don't think any of them are from NJ.

Ok, rant over, back to guitars.

9. snarkle

snarkle Silver Supporting Member

I've been drooling over Stashman's guitar, too, but don't feel that I deserve a reward at the present moment...although my birthday is coming up.

If it were an "Audrey" it would already be on its way here.

http://www.geocities.jp/jerseygirlhg/aindex.htm

"Kalexer" belongs to a friend of mine with a VERY fine guitar collection, and ranks with the best of them.

10. r9player

r9player Member

I've been drooling over their guitars for a long time, never had the money to get one. Closest I got was one of their pedals.

11. beorn

beorn Member

"Right there with you," said the sixth-generation Texan who does not ride a horse, shoot varmints, or vote for Republicans.

12. urizen

urizen Gold Supporting Member

For me, it's Grace (w/ P-90s)!!

13. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Gold Supporting Member

Samdjr. That whole Snooky show has really unfairly stereotyped Italian American New Jersey folks. The Sopranos didn't help either.

14. samdjr74

Agreed but fictional shows about mobster based in NJ is ok and "entertaining" where as reality shows based on a bunch of drunk kids who purposely over act is another thing. I know the town of Sea Side is still kicking themselves for letting mtv in to tape this garbage.

15. grooveht

grooveht Silver Supporting Member

I come from Paramus, and would more happily take the Sopranos stereotype than the Jersey Shore one. Am I far off on that one?

16. beorn

beorn Member

The Jersy Shore stereotype seems unaware of any larger, more interesting reality than itself.

I'm not sure the Jersey Shore stereotype has learned to tell time, even.

The Sopranos, on the other hand, featured a dinner scene in which Dr. Jennifer Melfi sat down with her husband and discussed the extent to which mobsters of Italian descent misrepresented all Americans of Italian descent to the larger culture.

17. samdjr74

Good point, I remember years ago a co-worker of mine, who was young and clueless asked me if I was mobbed up. He was from West Virginia and never met anyone from "Jersey" before and heard that all Italians where in the mofia. Now I don't remeber if I was having a bad dayor if this guy just put me in a bad mood but I lost it. I started biting his head off stating my displeasure with the stereotype of my ethnic background and not only am I not in the mob but I'm not aware of any of my family memebers who are. I then asked him if his parents were siblings as he was from West Virgina, he didn't seem to like that one too much....

18. beorn

beorn Member

Heh. I see West Virginia is to the northeast what Alabama is to the southeast.

You can actually see, in the very first scene of the Sopranos pilot, the collision of stereotype and reality. You have a sociopathic, murderous mobster waiting to see the super-educated, culturally-informed psychiatrist who drives a Saab.

Both are Italian Americans. But it's the mobster who needs help, and the psychiatrist from whom he hopes to get it.

19. ib2010

ib2010 Supporting Member

Jersey Girl guitars have always had something interesting going on. Kudos to the builders for having a cool attitude to their work.

20. samdjr74

I like the fact that they are hand made by two people. To me that really means something.