Joe Walsh backup singers?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by oxtone, Jul 1, 2012.

1. oxtone

oxtone Member

Anyone know the names of Joe Walsh's backup singers on the Analog Man tour? The black singer on the right in this video looks really familier, but I can't recall his name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il1Byvn_vMA

Anyone know who that is?

2. cottonmike

cottonmike Member

The other one is the wife to somebody here on TGP.

He just posted a thread about it a few weeks ago.

3. oxtone

oxtone Member

Can you post a link to the thread? Not sure where to search, or what under.

4. Dave Shoop

Dave Shoop Member

As I watched I did notice the one in the middle was especially beautiful, but they wouldn't stay on them for more than a second at a time..

The whole show sounds great. I'm glad Joe is still performing. Very professional performance. He is flawless.

oops I thought we were talking about the recent CMA video.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  5. cottonmike

cottonmike Member

6. oxtone

oxtone Member

Anyone know?

7. oxtone

oxtone Member

Bump - does anyone know?

8. oxtone

oxtone Member

Anyone know?

9. '58Bassman

'58Bassman Member

Ricky something. I forgot if it's Williams, Watson, Wilkins,....

I was going to try to remember, too. So much for that- I guess my memory is being selective, on its own.

Saw them last night and it was a really good show. Hotter than crap and Walsh never used a towel in almost two hours. At one point, he said "This is like playing on the Sun, at night". Only played a few from the new CD but started playing his classics after the 2nd song. The fireworks started at 9:30 and ended at 10:35, but he started right on time, at 10PM.

10. oxtone

oxtone Member

'58Bassman - I just found out last night, through a friend on Facebook that has written for Vintage Guitar Magazine, that his name is Rick Washington. He's a Blues and Soul singer, and I found some YouTube's of him. He's very good! He wasn't who I thought he was...oh well.

11. '58Bassman

'58Bassman Member

I was just looking for 'Wittington' but I'm going with "It's kind of hard to understand him when he talks". Yeah, that's it!

They were very good. The whole band was.

12. Matonanjin

Matonanjin Member

+1 Saw Joe Walsh last night and it was AWESOME. Joe hasn't lost it.

And, yes, she was a nice addition to the show. Spectacularly beautiful. Anyone know her name?

13. Dave Shoop

Dave Shoop Member

I would love to see him. I have seen him in the 70's and later with the Eagles and it was amazing. I think playing with the Eagles may have shown him the need to be consistently great on stage. He use to be hammered on stage with the James Gang and Barnstorm and his show was affected at times I'm sure. It looks like he is very professional and consistently great on stage now. It is amazing he survived and still making great music.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  14. Matonanjin

Matonanjin Member

So find out the name of the gorgeous back up singer!!!!!!!!:rotflmao

Yeah, speaking of Vintage Guitar Magazine, Joe is the cover article for this month's (August) edition. The interviewer asked him something about sobriety and Joe responded he is now 3 years sober.

15. Matonanjin

Matonanjin Member

Ok, so I looked at the YouTube link in the OP and I was wrong. The backup singers that Joe had Sunday night were different than in the video.

At least the one in the middle was different. She is a black lady and, as Dave Stoop described, "especially beautiful"!:love:

Anyone know how to find out the names of the backup singers on his current tour?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  16. Matonanjin

Matonanjin Member

Well, I finally found out the name of the singer I was talking about. Her name is Lois Mahalia.

17. Steve Foley

Steve Foley Member

Nice....enjoyed the trio link. Lois has a great voice and attitude, it looks like, and thy all seemed to be enjoying the performance. Thanks.

18. DavidKris

DavidKris Member

Thanks for posting the link to Lois (she's my wife <smile>) and the other back up singers are Leslie Page who performs in LA quite a bit and Ricky Washington who does a bunch of work in Europe.

check out Lois's Facebook page and YouTube - she's been doing some videos we've been recording at home, nothing special just working out the home recording / video stuff, but still some good stuff there.

19. Matonanjin

Matonanjin Member

You are one lucky man!!:dude I really didn't state above where I saw her. She was backing up Joe Walsh at the concert in Iowa. I can't remember which reservation if it was either the Omaha (Onawa, IA) or Winnebago (Sloan,IA) tribe. It doesn't matter, but I think the latter. Great concert with the Guess Who.

She is just breath-takingly beautiful, and, obviously, can sing! I will check out the FB & YT videos.