Larrivee D-03

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by BigPapiFan, Apr 30, 2012.

1. BigPapiFan

BigPapiFan Member

I have my eye on a L-03 mahogany body, mahogany top Larrivee. Anybody experienced with this model or similar Larrivee care to comment?

2. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I haven't tried the L-03 model but I own the OM-03 and absolutely love it. It has a very warm and pleasing tone and really is a steal for the price. I use mine primarily for finger picking. It's good for any style of music but is lacking a bit when used for strumming. I think the bigger bodied version that you are after might just add a bit more bottom end which would help in that department.

3. Dotneck

Dotneck Member

Larrivee makes great guitars...I've had a bunch. Their hog tops are pretty popular over at the Larrivee forum.

4. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

I clicked on this thread because it said D-03. I have a D-03R which has served me well. It has a Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides. A neighbor owns a Larrivee Parlor with a Spruce top an Mahogany back and sides. I like that a lot too. I'm not familiar with the L-03. I would imagine they're good guitars. Good luck. :)

5. wilblee

wilblee Hack sans shame Gold Supporting Member

The L is my favorite Larrivee model. They are, to my mind, the best value in acoustic guitars.