National Polychrome appearance ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 52ftbuddha, Oct 10, 2011.

1. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

http://www.artisanguitars.com/national-triolian-polychrome/

I want one of the above but my better half and others in my life say it looks silly. I like it but I cant afford to buy guitars that I am the only audience for in case I have to sell it in the future.

So what do you think of the polychrome with the stencil on the back and the maple fretboard.

thanks
    rob

2. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Member

Maple f.b.?? So wrong for this gtr. All else about it is good, but if you're concerned with future resale, it's the maple f.b.

3. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

I think it's beautiful. I've seen a couple in person. The stencil has always been a feature of the Polychrome, and in some ways one might say it is a signature for Nationals in general, certainly it has historical significance for the brand. The maple neck is a cool twist and looks great on that color body IMO. If I was in the market for another National, I'd seriously consider one. Then again, they have a lot of great models out now, so plenty to choose from.

4. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

We have one for and one against. Funny its the stencil my lot don't like. I do myself for as stevieboy said the historical reference. Thanks for the responses.

rob