New "OFFICIAL" PRS Forum Now Open!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by JMintzer, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Brian Scherzer

Brian Scherzer Staff Member

I have run this through my mind a number of times over the past few years after hearing that BaM had some issues that seemed related to ownership. I seriously considered opening a dedicated forum for folks who are seriously into PRS guitars. Once the official PRS company forum went online I had to step back and ask myself whether opening another forum would lead to a thriving community or if it would result in further fracturing of the online fan base. Scott and I have discussed this and neither of us have any real sense of whether to do it.........and whether it can build into a close and informative internet community. For us, that is always the guiding issue. To simply open the doors to another forum is a lot of work and little pleasure unless it genuinely brings something needed and wanted to enough people to have it become a real "home" in the cyberworld.

2. big mike

big mike Marshall Voiced Moderator Staff Member

No reason to do it Now Brian.
    Let PRS have at it.

Vintage Rocker is still heavily PRS Discussion,
    as is the PRS Forums that exists as well.

another forum just becomes too much.

3. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

It would be way more convenient to use the same Avatar there that I use here. Then there's good manners. :) Grateful, half Irish.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  4. ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © Member

Almost 600 members and we haven't posted a link on the company home page or announced our existence on FaceBook or Twitter. Yet. :)

I'd like to extend a sincere "thanks" to all the guitar enthusiasts who have stopped in just to say hello - or those of you who have made the official PRS forum part of your daily stop as you surf through the online guitar world.

The culture you share from your home community (like this one) is enriching the collective experience. You've made it clear that "neutral ground" means treating each other with courtesy, expressing honest opinions constructively and with class, and that "neutral ground" doesn't mean things must be "sterile and impersonal."

Also appreciated are the frequent visits from TGP site Administrators, Brian Sherzer and Scott Peterson. It means a lot that you gents should be so encouraging and supportive. At least one comment shared by Scott has helped on a few bumpy days.

Sincerely,

~Hans

5. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

To change the subject, Well since BAM is either kaput or on hiatus, Who's going to PRS Experience this year? Any rumors behind the news of who's playing this year besides the usual players. or sig nite? RIP Bugs Henderson he'll be greatly missed. Helluva nice guy from previous conversations I've had with him 2 years ago, I'll miss.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I liked BAM and lurked there often but really like the greater diversity here at TGP.

7. Tubevalvemaniac

Tubevalvemaniac Member

With death of BAM I'm generally not interested in new PRS forums at all.
    TGP is great and most of issues are well covered by TGP base.
    To some extent PRS only forums become boring.

8. strangec

strangec Gold Supporting Member

I was a member at BaM and used it to gather info on the guitars etc... Consequently, I used it to buy a used Ted which let me to a new McTrem.
    I'm not privy to whatever drama stut it down, but Im sad its gone. I'm skeptical of the new company sponsored forum- to me the value in public forums is they are an online coffee shop where you can talk about selling your used instrument and where to find the best deals- both of which are currently prohibited on the new Official PRS Forum.

9. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Member

Hey Y'all... It's Bob Collins. I'm still at it and have culled my herd and have new replacements. But I still have my Forum TRCs, especially the MOP white on Ebony one from the auction so many years ago. If I recall, it's was a prototype. It's now on my '93 standard 24, in trans red w/trem. My workhorse now. I also acquired a Experience 2010 in the Tigereye chevron flame..it's Private Stock material and I can't understand how it got out . I'll post pics soon. Just need to get my feet back on the ground here. Good to see Jamie and Brian are still kicking. I jam twice a week. ..Best to all, Bob

10. GasMask

GasMask Gold Supporting Member

I'm a bit late to this party (OK.... more than a "bit"), but just trying to get a grip on this.

There is the "official"? PRS forum- prsguitars.com.

And then there is Vintage Rocker.

But what is "prsforums.com"? Seems active, but I'm unable to read posts without registering. What is the story with this one?

-Thanks

11. Zilmo

Zilmo Member

It's scary...

12. GasMask

GasMask Gold Supporting Member

I'm frightened by scary things :hide2

And yet, not being a weatherman, I would still like to know which way the wind blows.

If anyone cares to bring me up to speed, please feel free to PM me (if this can of worms is just too stinky to open up in a public thread). Trust me when I say- I can handle the Funk! :aok