NPD x2 ... + YouTube vidz (Timeline content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Delayed Delay, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Delayed Delay

Delayed Delay Supporting Member

What could it be and who's it from?
    [​IMG]

Who the hell is Jorge? Man... he doesn't even know how to spell is own name: it's G-E-O-R-G-E... George. :facepalm
    [​IMG]

Boo-yah:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a couple videos I shot. I'm shipping out the VMSD and El Capistan tomorrow, so I wanted to have some fun with them all together:

AAaaaaaand this guy too (he sounds REALLY good ;)):
    [​IMG]

2. Delayed Delay

I also gotta add...

Here are my only MAJOR complaints, that I really hope Strymon addresses with the next update:

One of the main reasons I replaced the VMSD with the Timeline (seriously)... was the BPM readout. Although I realize it's not entirely essential, I actually have a lot of use for that, and they really dropped the ball with how the BPM works...
    1.) The BPM does NOT automatically display when you tap a tempo - kinda defeats the whole purpose of a BPM readout, doesn't it? Basically, whatever parameter you adjust is what will be displayed on the screen. So yes, if you twist the time knob, the BPM/MS will be displayed, but only then (I think)... Either way, it doesn't automatically show up when you start tapping, and that's actually really annoying.
    2.) This has already been covered in another thread, but when you twist the Time knob to adjust the BPM, the preset will automatically revert back to Quarter note subdivisions. All you have to do is tap out a tempo and your preset subdivision will return...

Those 2 things alone make the BPM almost worthless in my opinion... and that's one thing I was really stoked about.

*The other thing that will piss me off, and I wasn't sure that it would... is that you can't name presets. I made about 5-6 presets myself tonight, and I'm gonna have a hard time remembering which banks they're in and whether they're preset A or B.

Anyway... so far those are my only legitimate gripes. This thing sounds absolutely amazing... worth every penny. :aok

3. fruvai

fruvai Member

Thanks for sharing your address with us :D

4. Brick_top

Brick_top Member

Jorge is how you spell it in portuguese, maybe brazilian

5. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance Silver Supporting Member

Yes, we all now have your name, where you live, and what pedals would be handy...... Haha

Well, off to watch those vids now! Yus!

6. teleclem

teleclem Member

Congrats! The box looks pretty big. Can't wait til the next batch.

7. thesooze

thesooze Supporting Member

If memory serves, you can setup the Timeline to show BPM or Bank when you're moving around presets. I have mine on BPM for this reason-- if I tap on the fly, the bpm changes on the screen.

8. thesooze

thesooze Supporting Member

With the TL and the El Cap next to each other, what were your findings regarding the TL dTape mode and the El Cap?

9. Delayed Delay

Identical. :aok

I should've done a comparison vid I guess, but I didn't feel the need because it's literally the same algorithm for the single head mode.

And sorry guys... That's not my home address; it's just a local business - where I work. ;)

10. Delayed Delay

I need to read the manual more thouroughly then... Did NOT know you could do that! Thanks for the info!! :aok

11. phillyred79

phillyred79 Supporting Member

It's a UPS Store that has drop boxes. :)