PCE Aluminum Falcon Overdrive

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by samtheman, May 1, 2012.

1. wedewer

wedewer Silver Supporting Member

My falcon is scheduled to arrive today.

2. golfnutt67

golfnutt67 Supporting Member

Nice! I cant wait to get the email that mines ready. to the OP demo sounded great Sam thanks for the fix while i wait :drool

3. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

Sounds killer man. Glad you finally got yours. I'm loving mine as well. Been running it as a clean boost with the gain at about 9 and it has turned my rig into everything I'd ever hoped it would be. It allows me to lower the gain on my Dual drive but still have plenty of clean sustain and clarity. Amazing pedal. Someone finally got it right IMO. Killer chops as always.

4. wedewer

Mailman just showed up with my falcon. One question, what kind of tip do I need from my pedal power 2. The standard boss one fits but doesn't seem to do the trick.

When I opened it up to put the battery in, I would clearly see it looks like my old klon inside. Pretty much identicle, but without the goop.

Tone wise it does everything I remember my Klon doing. At least in front of a marshall circuit. Is it identical, I don't know. Can't do a side by side.

I put it on the board with my EP booster(dip switches set to factory default). Into my 100watt emplexador, set to vintage and using both boosts to get the amp into plexi heavan, they covered a lot of the same ground. With the EP booster being a little more full sounding. Of course the Falcon has more versatility with a gain and a tone knob as well. Probably going to run the EP on all the time and the falcon as a solo boost. With both on I was able to get that singing non master volume marshall sustain. My ears are still ringing. Both pedals are buffered and I think that is my preference. I have a love pedal kalamazoo, which is like a klon, but without a buffer, it doesn't quite drive the front end as hard.

I got this Falcon from the emporium. I am on the list for a new one. I think I am going to ask for the new smaller version.

This pedal is a steal at this price. I wouldn't wait to long to get on the list as words spreads.

And guys, please try an EP boster if you have a plexi style amp. Great pedal.

5. stellablue

stellablue Member

The cables that came with my PP2 fit perfectly and work well.

6. wedewer

with a boss tip or one of the other tips?

7. Psh511

Psh511 Member

Great playing and demo...big fan of your tone

8. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Silver klon. From what I understand, not even the Klon maker himself can make the original gold klon anymore as the components are no longer available.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  9. SuperSonic

SuperSonic Supporting Member

Take the Battery out and try the PS.

10. wedewer

Actually, its the exact opposite. The power supply only seems to work with a battery installed.

11. Kitarist

Kitarist Supporting Member

Great demo!!! :)

12. straticus

straticus Member

Where or how do I order one of these and what's the turn around time?

Great demo!

13. SuperSonic

SuperSonic Supporting Member

Mine was the exact opposite.

14. abnerfm

abnerfm Member

Oh my God... I need it...

15. zechsiler2

zechsiler2 Member

A buddy of mine has one of these that I got to demo a few days ago, sounds great. A little big, but well worth i.m.h.o.

16. smoss469

smoss469 Member

Where do you order, and how much?

17. Nick C

Nick C Member

fraught with tone.

18. jakecollier

jakecollier Member

This guy has my money and failed to let me know that the pedals were on backorder. I asked him from a refund and haven't heard a word since. That was over a week ago.

This guy is making a great pedal, but his service is sh*t. Do yourself a favor and buy a used one on eBay. At least you'll know what the h*ll is going on with your purchase.

19. Nick C

Nick C Member

Nice, very toneful.

20. drsts

drsts Member

my experience recently has been great. ordered a af2 online and received it within a week. awesome pedal. i hate that some have had less that great
    service but i thought i would post to be fair. hope everyone gets their pedals soon.