1. We're aware of the search issues and are rebuilding the indexes. This will probably take a few hours. Thanks for your patience.

pot value for line 6 expression pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrisross, Oct 6, 2011.

1. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

25k right?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. Warlock279

Warlock279 Member

3. orogeny

orogeny Silver Supporting Member

i don't know. . .

depends on the pot. . .

we talking jamaican? thai? hydroponic?

i'd trade like a quarter ounce of schwag for one. . .

or

. . . . were you talking electronic stuff?

:BluesBros

4. 8len8

8len8 Member

I just measured mine - 20K.

5. chops612

chops612 Supporting Member

The Line 6 expressions use 10K Linear pots. The reason you read 20K is because that pedal uses a dual ganged 20K pot wired in parallel giving you.... 10K of resistance.

6. kwood86

kwood86 Member

i use ernie ball 25k active volume pedals for my two expression pedals on my M13 and they work great

7. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

Ok, I'm seeming to find 10k as well. I know the Ernie Ball's work, but I think the standard factory expression pedal is 10.

I'm pretty sure line 6 stuff uses a mono cable to their expression pedals instead of TRS like the other guys, so how would I wire the pot to the jack? Gut shots of a Line 6 expression pedal, factory or DIY, would be great

8. chops612

Correct... For Line 6 they ONLY use a variable resistor setup so only need a mono (TS) cable. While the 25K will work with some of the models the HD stuff definitely wants to only see 10K. The fact that the EB are audio taper and not linear taper help out the fact that the value is higher as you can get 0-10K in about 75% of the throw. The 11-25K doesn't do anything else. But the correct response that works best is a linear 10K, which gives you smooth 0-100% control.

Wiring wise tip goes to wiper and lug 1 (normally ground) goes to sleeve. If using a 25K EB just simply plug a normal cable into the OUT and you'll have it.

9. drbob1

drbob1 Supporting Member

I'm sort of keeping a list of how manufacturers are implementing EPs. Good to know. The only other things I'm sure are variable resistance are the SIB Echodrive and the old rackmount Digitech Analog Delay.

10. chops612

Eventide pedals as well.... Stay tuned with Thru-Tone... Good things comin... ;)