Show us your Pedaltrain Mini Pt 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitarman19853, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarman19853

Guitarman19853 Member

The other thread has passed 1000 posts, and I was waiting for a Part 2 before posting the finished pics of my modded PT-Mini.

[​IMG]

The red & green footswitches are the 3 Aux switches for the timefactor. I was unable to find an enclosure to put all 3 in front of the TimeFactor. I wanted to find something like a 1590A enclosure but longer. However, I am actually happier with the result of separating out one button. I use the green one as tap tempo and it falls in a more natural spot for me on the right side of the board.

Power supply is a VL ISO5. The extra power connector seen here is because I've been swapping the DLS out with a Lovepedal Eternity Burst. DLS & FD2 are getting 18V.
    [​IMG]

The other mod is the cutout for access to the TimeFactor's outputs.
    [​IMG]

And here's the full setup with expression pedal for TimeFactor plus the Eternity.
    [​IMG]

2. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Gold Supporting Member

I am waiting for a new "lipless" model; ordered one from a dealer directed by PT, but PT shipped an old style model.

3. mr_cheef

mr_cheef Member

[​IMG]

4. LSGoCards7

LSGoCards7 Member

[​IMG]

5. tdurden

tdurden Member

Picking up my mini from a TGP'er tomorrow am, will post pics by tomorrow night. PUMPED!

6. tdurden

tdurden Member

Boss TU-2 to JHS Morning Glory/Charlie Brown to Lovepedal Amp50 to MXR Carbon Copy to Line6 Echo Park. All powered by a DC Power Brick.

So Pumped.

[​IMG]

7. a.hartmann

a.hartmann Member

tdurden, what do you think of the Charlie Brown? What guitar/amp are you using it with?

8. wck

wck Member

LSGoCards7: Nice board man. Lemme guess.. its Gilmour inspired. haha.

9. Sikor

Sikor Supporting Member

Very nice organized placement of the pedals! Well done :aok

Hm, looks like a need to redo one of my minis, so I'll have something to show here ;)

10. tdurden

tdurden Member

I like it! I actually picked this pedal up off a TGP'er so really my goal was to get the Morning Glory and the Charlie Brown was a bonus. I prefer the MG to the CB.

I am using it with a 2005 FMT Korean HH configured Fender Telecaster w/ dimarzio pickups through an Egnater Tweaker (settings are Vint-AC-Clean-Bright-Deep) and it sounds great, like a Marshall Driving a Vox or Orange Cabinet and breaking up.

Thinking about getting one?

11. Guitarman19853

Guitarman19853 Member

Bump part 2 because part 1 hasn't died yet...

12. DemoColorScheme

DemoColorScheme Member

Yeah, me too. It's a shame our Dutch dealer has a delay going and they'll come in somewhere around January ...

13. Frankenstrat86

Frankenstrat86 Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Here's my Mini as of today. Need to get the Malekko 616 fixed. It be fried, electron-wise. Slotted my VMSD in there for a gig last night. Space on left was for a Jam Man (until stupid me understood that it uses AC current and thus cannot run off a 1-Spot). Sheesh.

Using 3M Dual-Lock instead of velcro and lemme tell ya, even for big pedals, you only need two little patches of the stuff underneath. Otherwise, you're gonna have to pull like a bear to unlatch the pedals.

Also, I"ve seen a few people using what looks like the rubber feet from a walker or cane over the stock feet on these (or in lieu?) Do you just drill through the rivets holding the stock feet on? And where do you get the walker feet (and don't that sound silly; "walker feet?")

15. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

Thats too bad Rick. I am loving your old board...check my sig. And thanks again!

16. DemoColorScheme

DemoColorScheme Member

I just went with the normal version. Will posts pics of the finished board next week. :)

17. Tenebrous

Tenebrous Member

Sorry to nudge the thread without contributing a picture of my own but I'm looking for some inspiration and I'd love to see more boards posted :) (Yeah I've gone through all of the old thread!). Maybe by this time next year I'll have a Mini worth posting with... Maybe :D

Edit: I'll be using a Diago PSU on my mini when I get around to grabbing one... They offer 3000 mA and you can buy isolaters for the daisy chain if really needed but I was talking to one of the designers @ Diago and it said they're very rarely needed nowadays. Was thinking about a pretty moderate setup like...

Guitar (USA Fender Tele 2005)> PolyTune (Prefer over TT for playing out, will be buying a TT in the future though) > Mad Prof Comp > Overdrive (Really have no idea yet... I love my amps overdrive I just find myself needing more) > EQD Hoof > Some modulation, perhaps a Trem or Phaser > Small analog/tape delay > Amp (Laney Lionheart)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  18. dankmyers

dankmyers Supporting Member

I recently downsized & kicked off everything I wasn't using much. I love the simplicity. It lets me focus a lot more on my fingers and less on my feet.
    Still gotta do the ISO mod, but it works fine right now to just stack the tuner on top.

[​IMG]

19. DemoColorScheme

DemoColorScheme Member

Ah! Thanks for this! It reminds me that I might be able to put my Pitchblack on my Burkey Flatliner SIX as well. (not sure if I need to do that, but it's good to see this, since you sometimes forget the obvious)

20. dankmyers

dankmyers Supporting Member

It's a good quick fix, and still fits in the bag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.