Terrible mistake by Egnater.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mikey01, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Mikey01

Mikey01 Member

I love my new Egnater Renagade. But why does Egnater have to put such a very large God awfull, el-cheapo, cheesey, tacky, poor taste, disgusting, cheap looking "Egnater name plate" on the front of such a well made good looking amp? Coulden't they have spent a buck twenty more and put a nice looking, classy, name plate on it?....I carefully removed it. I certainly don't mind advertising Egnater but not like that.

One thing I changed is I put a 12 inch Eminence NeoMag bass speaker in it. Much lower weight to handle now. Also it tamed the high notes and it has more resolve for a tighter smoother bass for an overall improvment.

2. Flameout12

Flameout12 Member

Maybe you can custom order a replacement and spell it backwards (RETANGE)?

3. Mikey01

Mikey01 Member

In all honesty the white plastic is cheap and tacky looking. How much more would it have cost them to plate the plastic in say a "Dark Chrome" or something. I would love to see an Egnater emblem on the front just to promote my amp status in life and as being a proud owner. But I am affraid that people not familiar with amp manufactures or the Egnater brand, will write the amp and me off as being cheap because of the cheap looking emblem.

BTW, the Eminence NeoMag 12" bass speaker really does do the amp much justice. It is better right out of the box. Boy, wait till it breaks in.

4. Mikey01

Mikey01 Member

No! Not that. However where would I send that white plastic name plate to have it chrome plated in a Dark or Black Chrome? And how much would that cost? That I would do. It would look classy and cool.

5. QRSS

QRSS brutalist Gold Supporting Member

i agree. they oudid the 11" marshall. :)

6. stratzrus

stratzrus Silver Supporting Member

I don't see how it's all that different than the Marshall logo, but I can see how the amp might look "classier" with it removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. solitaire

solitaire Member

That Egnater logo isn't particularly larger than the modern Marshall logo, however it's bolder and on smaller amps it may look too bulky. Marshall use a number of different size logos for their products, so the proportions are maintained.

8. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

How's the amp actually sound? ;) That , and durability and cost are the only 3 things that count in my book . . By that picture , that logo looks like the "Marshalls" to me that I've seen for almost 40 years, and love. However ,until I saw this thread, I really never ever have thought about a logo , when it comes to amps!

Eric

9. riff1006

riff1006 Supporting Member

The Marshall logo looks good because it's also an icon, even if it is plastic.

10. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Member

Most hardware stores have spray-bombs of chrome paint in a variety of colors.

11. PA Woody

PA Woody Member

Maybe you could replace the emblem with one of those very tasteful Blackheart logos. :hide2

I have several that I removed from their amps.

12. Trout

Trout Member

I like their logo,

It makes it easy to spot from the off stage area or a distance. Perhaps chromed up a bit would look ok as well, but its purpose is visibility and name recognition, IMO they did it well.

13. pepi

pepi Member

All this time I though it said ... :hide2

[​IMG]

14. guitarcapo

guitarcapo Member

I always find it funny that Les Pauls costing 3 or 4 grand have plastic tuners, plastic binding, plastic pickguard, plastic control plate, plastic knobs etc....

I really don't mind it on an amp costing $300 to $400 like the Tweaker I have.

Anything to keep that great sounding amp inexpensive is cool by me.

15. Tuberattler

Tuberattler Member

I like the logo and I have a R20 killer amps!

16. panhead5

panhead5 Member

Glad to see you posted it as a "Terrible Mistake By Egnater" on an internet forum.Poor tone or build quality is a potential terrible mistake .An emblem tasteless maybe.Do you work for a news station ,paper or maybe Extra ?

17. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

I was thinking this too. It really reminds me of the Bogner logo. I don't hear too many people complaining about that one.

Well, the OP removed it. Problem solved. Right?

18. twangbanger

twangbanger Member

Crap ! beat me to it :D

19. Baconator

Baconator Member

I tend to worry more about the notes coming out of the amp than what the audience will think about me from my equipment choices. I haven't been gigging that much lately - is this a new trend?

20. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk Silver Supporting Member

I removed the faceplate from my Tweaker and replaced it with the black metal grill from the rear. Looks good and stealth sitting on a Boogie 1x12 with a small charcoal-chrome nameplate in the upper left corner. No offense to Bruce + Co all, but I agree it's a little loud...guess it's appropriate, though, for an amp with bold tone, right?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010