Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Joeldipert, Feb 1, 2012.
Just checked Strymon's blog.... And it's here Anyone updated it yet?I'm going to go download it now.
I wish I had my Timeline...!
1. Preset naming – Display an (optionally) scrolling 16 character preset name, or the bank number
2. Global Tap tempo – Keep the most recently tapped tempo across all of your presets
3. 5 second Spillover* – Once you’ve played for at least 5 seconds on a patch, the current sound will spill over when you change to a new patch
4. Tap averaging – Tap tempo now averages your taps to more easily zero in on the desired tempo. Some have better rhythm than others
5. Kill dry – Mutes your dry signal for use in a parallel effects loop
6. Looper Undo to initial loop & Redo – Undo all overdubs and revert to the first recorded loop. Redo will bring back the recorded overdubs.
7. New dedicated MIDI CC for Bypass – Bypass or Engage TimeLine via MIDI regardless of which preset you are currently on
8. Also … new MIDI CCs for Looper Level, Looper Undo, Looper Redo, and Infinite Repeats
9. Loop transitions are now smoother
10. Ability to record 100% wet with the looper
Some miscellaneous “under the hood” bugs were also addressed with this update.
In order to take full advantage of the new factory preset names, you should follow the optional step of initializing your presets after updating the firmware. Additionally, we have provided a sysex file that only initializes presets in Banks 50-99 if it’s desirable to preserve edits you’ve made in banks 0-49.
Bahhh.. timing sucks.. I brought my pedalboard to church last night for prac and left it there because I'll be back there for the weekend service..
Very cool - I'm glad they made the update for everyone. Now we all of TGP can start talking about how cool the Timeline is again, instead of complaining. Haha.
Paging crxsh.. lol
We'll think up some more complaints
Excuse me for being a massive noob but it says I need a midi interface. What is that? And do I need it to complete the update?
Yeah. Something midi - usb to connect it to the pc.
I'm sure y'all will.
I'm all for preset naming but the posts go on and on about some of the things Strymon didn't include. I thought it was great the way it was. Sure it could be made better, but some people sounded downright hostile.
I just made things simpler for myself and sold the Timeline and got an El Capistan.
Would this work okay?
Clever implementation of spillover. Love the preset naming. Thanks Strymon!
Now hurry up and make a Phaser!!
Cool, I guess I need to get me one of those midi thingies.
"In order to take full advantage of the new factory preset names, you should follow the optional step of initializing your presets after updating the firmware. Additionally, we have provided a sysex file that only initializes presets in Banks 50-99 if it’s desirable to preserve edits you’ve made in banks 0-49."
Does this mean they'll be deleted/restored to factory settings?
Sounds like it.
Yes, but you can always use a Sysex Librarian to back up your presets first, then restore the factory presets with the new names, and then copy back your own presets.
Just did the update. Working good so far.
Just an FYI - you'll need to go into the global menu to turn on "Names"... you can also choose whether they scroll or not. I like how they did them (use value to change letter, use type to change spaces) - works pretty quick.
Thanks. I guess that's what I'll do.
Awesome! I know what I'll be doing after dinner.
Yeah... I was lying in bed, being a lazy slob. Now I have to get up and update my Timeline!
First world problems... Lol.
Thank you Strymon. Update (with my cheapo eBay cable) went smooth and I'm already naming presets.
(Was anyone else expecting global tap to be assignable per preset? It's not a huge deal for me, but I can see people wanting fixed delay times for certain presets and global tap for others.)