Where are the Portland Maine based guitarists?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John in Maine, Sep 13, 2008.

1. John in Maine

John in Maine Member

I'm in if it's on an evening I can make it out there!

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Welcome to The Gear Page!

3. 2555SL

2555SL Member

Nice to learn that Matt is still playing out live. last time I saw him was back in the early '80s in a hard-rock cover band named Masque. They were playing at the Showring (long gone, I think) in Brewer, and I think he was playing a mid-'70s mahogany Gibby Explorer that night. Such a great player. That band also had a great drummer named Danny Monaghan... who later played with my old guitarist, Billy Phillips -- a monster player in his own right!

Here's a link I found for Matt, showing a dated (blurry) photo of him with a 335:
    http://home.gwi.net/~mtlucey/

Haven't had a chance to listen to the clips yet, yet if the band photos are any indication it looks like he's no longer playing hard rock. That new drummer looks like the guy that used to play in "Image"/"Three Speed" (if so, great player!).

Ahhh... ;) the old-school, pre-MTV hard-rock players with real talent. After hearing/watching those guys, I can die now with the comfort of knowing that I will not have missed anything important... guitar-wise, that is.

Oh yeah... welcome to TGP.

Hey Rev, what's shakin'? :)