Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear > Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Lightbulb Ever sell stuff that you really loved?

I have always been impulsive with buying and selling musical stuff ,like guitars and pedals, amps, effects. Last year I sold my Wampler Ego Compressor, I was out of work and needed to sell some gear. I have one Alvarez acoustic with an electric type single coil SDuncan soundhole pickup that is quiet and definitely needs some pre-amping to get a good signal. I would use a compressor to power it and some neat tones. I also had an Edan Analog Nashville pedal ,which is a lo gain TS pedal boost, that provided some gain and also compression, it had a TI4558 op amp, clipping diodes, and I had had 2 of them. I had already sold one and bought another, they were perfect for country music too. I had the Nashville pedal for sale on the telecaster forum for a month and I was going to take it off, then someone offered me 50 bucks for it, I asked the young guy if he could pay $75, then he said no, too much, I can only afford 50 dollars, so I said, send me a check for 55 dollars so I can mail it to you, I was thinking, this guy must be pretty bad off. I tested the pedal before I sent it out and just sat there, it sounded so good, I remember using that pedal before a DI box a few times when I was playing gigs with a buddy of mine. It sort of sounded like an orange squeezer on steroids, oh well, it's gone. So now, I am looking, for possibly an Orange squeezer compressor or a lo gain OD, or even a Wampler Ego Compressor. Don't be too quick to sell something, but sometimes you have to.
http://www.officialtoycaldwell.com
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 PM

When I got married a couple of years ago I was short on space for my wife and step-kids, so I had to make the decision to convert my project studio into a bedroom. I sold everything. A Boss BR1600. A rack full of mic preamps, various sound processors, patch bays, and a Mackie mixer. A bunch of dynamic mics, a few really nice condenser mics, stands, cables, half a dozen pairs of headphones, studio monitors, you name it. All gone. I also sold some instruments I didn't have any room for. A P bass and a Fender Mustang. A Yamaha digital drum system, keyboard, and Motif rack synth.

That was one of a few gear blowouts I've had over my lifetime. I always miss everything after it's gone.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

No, I have'nt.

:)
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 PM

Yep. Unfortunately. But such is life at times.