Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear > Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I need some help reassembling my pedalboard

Hello,

I recently reassembeled my pedalboard . I do this every month, every time I get frustrated with the sound, then I take Out all my pedals and reassemble the board.

I'm frustrated again, and thought I'd ask what you guys would do if you owned my pedals. (i need some inspiration)
Here are my pedals (or at least the ones I use, or the ones I'd like to use)

The big blue pedals is a texas two step, it's pretty tube screamer like, but fatter/thicker. (more bass)
The black pedal is an aby switch.
The wah is a keeler (not keeley) that I LOVE.

Okay so here's some info about my other gear/music style:

I don't try to copy anyone, but I like robben ford and joe bonamassa, a lot.
I play a wide variety of blues and bluesrock songs in my current band, (think goV't mule, bonamassa, robben ford, cream, srv, sayce, moore etc...) and that's what I want to use this board for.

I play two gibsons (es339 and les paul) and a 50's style tele. I play marshalls and a mesa boogie. The marshalls are a 1987x, a bluesbreaker and a 2204. The mesa boogie is a mark iii that's set up to sound a bit like a dumble. The mesa has a loop. I don't use the built in reverb. I play a stereo rig, a marshall on one side and the mesa on the other.

So what would you put on my board if you had my gear and music taste? There's no rules, except that the board has to be usable. But you can basically make any combintion you like. I have 2 power supplies, a pp2+ undermeath the board and my flatliner six (high quality dutch made power supply) on the pic. Nothing really HAS to be on there, except for a booster maybe.

Thanks in advance,
Maurice

Last edited by lespaulnmarshall; 05-07-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 AM

I also have a TC G-Major BTW.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:30 PM

Bump
Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

I'd start with trying to make space for a few more pedals.

I'd move the wah down a bit and put a pedal above it sideways (tuner)
The CMatMods buffer can go under the board to offer up some more space, since it's not getting switched on or off.
Add another inch of velcro on each side

With that done, I think you can add the tuner and 1-2 more pedals - I'd add the Fuzz or Reverb and phaser if it was me.

Since you're running stereo, I'd look at stereo delays or modulation with dual input/outputs - to me, ping pong delays and spacious modulation is the best part of running stereo.

Guitars: PRS Swamp Ash Special, Les Paul Standard+, American Tele, American Strat, American SG Amps: Two-Rock Studio Pro 35 & Mesa Road King II
Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
I'd start with trying to make space for a few more pedals.

I'd move the wah down a bit and put a pedal above it sideways (tuner)
The CMatMods buffer can go under the board to offer up some more space, since it's not getting switched on or off.
Add another inch of velcro on each side

With that done, I think you can add the tuner and 1-2 more pedals - I'd add the Fuzz or Reverb and phaser if it was me.

Since you're running stereo, I'd look at stereo delays or modulation with dual input/outputs - to me, ping pong delays and spacious modulation is the best part of running stereo.
I can't move down the wah, well I can but the original screws of the wah are too long to use them without the feet, and if I put new ones on, the feet and screws will get lost, that's for sure haha!! The wah is as low as it can be now without removing the feet. Adding some velcro on each side is a great idea Though. And I might just also replace the screws and remove the feet of the wah.

I also thought about getting a small pedalboard (PT Mini) for the effects I want to run in the loop (reverb, dd-3) my power supply and tuner will also fit on there, I am normally using another aby switch with a tuner out.

I like stereo effects (ping pong delay is very cool) but I personally don't have a good use for it, in a blues band. Well the ping pong maybe, but not modulation. Also I'd use modulation on my clean channel, and the mesa has a huge volume drop when I switch to clean. And I'm broke, stereo modulation and delays, or at least good quality ones are expenisive.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 AM

I'll run my ep booster at 12v so ai can have an extra output for the fuzz. I'll put it where the mesa foottswitch is now, and I'll put the switch on the pt mini, if I decide to get one.