Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear Page Lounge > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

hi guys..
matt lucey is a friend of mine, & he's still playing in the portland area....great player then & now...
adam, sumner mckane, robbie coffin & tim emery (co-owner of buckdancer's music) are all fantastic country players & i know sumner teaches...amato's italians are still great
best wishes,
-ando
Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Supporting Member

i live in boston, but i'm from auburn maine, still visit portland quite a bit (play there sometimes, too) and know some musicians around there.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Ando,

Thanks for the advice. Just signed up for lessons with Sumner.

Adam
Good Deals with: khawk, bilbal, hank57, toomanydaves, farqs, notesfield, la noise, axelfoley, llc55, rlord1974, neoj4zz, Telebluze, brioche, myronkim, eddie101, Coltons7, handsomenate, TheBuffalo, mr coffee, bryce936907, jimmydacat, dnauhei, Jeffj, tonewoods, argylespots, yigba, blawrence2, gtrfinder, jherman, Larry Mal, Rockjunky, Jah Parsonanda
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Silver Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
adam, sumner mckane, robbie coffin & tim emery (co-owner of buckdancer's music) are all fantastic country players & i know sumner teaches...amato's italians are still great
Buckdancer's is where it all began for me-- I made all of my first gear purchases there, took a bunch of lessons there, and they have always been so cool about trying stuff out. There was one incident, though, back in high school, when one of my friends got the boot for plugging in a Les Paul and playing "Stairway."
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Supporting Member

I work in South Portland and live in the area as well... how about we get together at the Sebago Brewery at the SP Mall one of these evenings? It would be a great, low-key way to meet and get to know each other

Who's in?

Thorn Junior 90 Koa - Crook Custom T - Lentz T - Tom Anderson Crowdster Koa - Ovation Elite T
Swart AST - Carr Mercury

Listen to my MP3s at www.MojoTwanger.com!

Now on twitter: @MojoCaster - offering private lessons via Skype
Old 10-01-2008, 08:00 PM

I'm in if it's on an evening I can make it out there!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Welcome to The Gear Page!

Affiliations/Disclosures/Rig Design/Programming Consulting
: Click here
Old 11-13-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
hi guys..
matt lucey is a friend of mine, & he's still playing in the portland area....great player then & now...
Nice to learn that Matt is still playing out live. last time I saw him was back in the early '80s in a hard-rock cover band named Masque. They were playing at the Showring (long gone, I think) in Brewer, and I think he was playing a mid-'70s mahogany Gibby Explorer that night. Such a great player. That band also had a great drummer named Danny Monaghan... who later played with my old guitarist, Billy Phillips -- a monster player in his own right!

Here's a link I found for Matt, showing a dated (blurry) photo of him with a 335:
http://home.gwi.net/~mtlucey/

Haven't had a chance to listen to the clips yet, yet if the band photos are any indication it looks like he's no longer playing hard rock. That new drummer looks like the guy that used to play in "Image"/"Three Speed" (if so, great player!).

Ahhh... the old-school, pre-MTV hard-rock players with real talent. After hearing/watching those guys, I can die now with the comfort of knowing that I will not have missed anything important... guitar-wise, that is.

Oh yeah... welcome to TGP.

Hey Rev, what's shakin'?