Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear Page Lounge > The Sound Hound Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumors of surf View Post
I dont think its neccessary for you to insult me personally ... people continually have these types of debates without getting personal...and yes I was joking with that{public service message} post I guess you just didnt get it.Why so serious man?
Blues rock fans are serious people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasp100 View Post
Agreed, I'm suspect at how many "musicians" there are on this forum vs. "Guitar players".
A CLOUD OF SOUND
Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumors of surf View Post
I dont think its neccessary to insult me personally ... people continually have these types of debates without getting personal...and yes I was joking with that{public service message} post I guess you just didnt get it.Why so serious man?

no sir, no one insulted YOU. That was what YOU did to JB and the OP and others looking for more of JB's material in this thread.

I'm taking nothing personal, YOU were the one who took it personal that some of us would like listening to JB and felt the need to share that with us...then YOU decided to tell anyone looking for his material to avoid it and listen to the Black keys instead...and then YOU called him the fresh prince of the blues or whatever.

i'm done with it man. so far in your first 190 posts we have found out that you like football and don't like JB. I look forward to your next 190 posts.

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Cannon View Post
Blues rock fans are serious people.
But see, I'm a fan of all blues....i like blues rock, delta blues, west coast blues, etc...

edit: i have a new found respect for some of JM's music after not liking his music much at first. hell, i am even starting to like the BK's a little bit after seeing a concert of theirs the other night.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm View Post
But see, I'm a fan of all blues....i like blues rock, delta blues, west coast blues, etc...
Case in point.

Amended: blues fans are serious people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasp100 View Post
Agreed, I'm suspect at how many "musicians" there are on this forum vs. "Guitar players".
A CLOUD OF SOUND
Old 02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusia View Post
There's a lot of good stuff and he's evolved and progressed in his style over the years. But my personal favorite is A New Day Yesterday Live. I have both the cd and dvd and would recommend the dvd if you can find it. IMHO, some of his best playing and his tightest band line up.

Yep!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:

no sir, no one insulted YOU. That was what YOU did to JB and the OP and others looking for more of JB's material in this thread.

I'm taking nothing personal, YOU were the one who took it personal that some of us would like listening to JB and felt the need to share that with us...then YOU decided to tell anyone looking for his material to avoid it and listen to the Black keys instead...and then YOU called him the fresh prince of the blues or whatever.

i'm done with it man. so far in your first 190 posts we have found out that you like football and don't like JB. I look forward to your next 190 posts.

Cheers!
Let me know if you ever come to the other carolina sure would like to buy you a beer and talk football.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpinon View Post
Sorry if I'm so late to the game. I can't even name one Bonomassa song.
From what I heard on clips, his style seems to blend hard rock & blues.

Can some Bonomassa fans lead me to some his best songs (concerning great guitar riffs/licks)?

Note: I prefer really soulful material.

Thanks ahead. -H
I would probably say pick a Gary Moore album from his later Blues Years.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

love beth hart-by the way-who's the "guitar player" in the hat who's hogging the limelight?who he think he is,some big star?just kidding-love him,how bout 'nother cup o joe
Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:

Cheers!
Your opinions on ryan brauns HERPES made for a great read...with over 3000 post.....3,246 REALLY.... you clearly have discussed SILLY sh!t here.. and busted balls on topics you dont particularly like.. so why so serious when it comes to JB and my SILLY thoughts???oh yeah I look forward to the next 3000 post.

Last edited by rumors of surf; 02-24-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Gold Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
You start by not mentioning his name on TGP because the anti Joe crowd will come crawling out of the woodwork and start hurling insults!
Wow. I never knew there was an anti-JB group here.
I hear a lotta talk about him and have not heard one bad comment yet.
Maybe he is seen as someone who is defiling true blues with all of the rock shreds?
After some time listening, I think he is very good, but not the guitarist that I want to look to for current inspiration.

I really really love the soulful playing of Page on Since ive been loving you.
That's the type of playing I am after right now.

- Anything I say is IMHO.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Any time you mention JB's name here you will get someone that has to post how much they dont like him.....IE:from the first page. "I'd Start with the Black Keys and hopefully you can avoid this blues /rock drivel!!!...This guy is to the blues = what the fresh prince of Bel Air is to gangsta rap!!"....Has nothing to do with the OP's question as to where to start in the JB catalog. It's just a "I hate JB Blah Blah Blah......" If I don't like an artist I avoid reading or posting threads about them....