Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear > Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

just fyi, i hit the loading screen for ages, turned it off, and it had still been updated when i went to check the version
Old 02-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Silver Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I am using the Komplete Audio 6, it worked perfectly the first time.
www.csgray.com
http://csgray.bandcamp.com/album/shoot-out-the-star
Old 03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

FWIW... I'm trying to use a Creative X Midi 1x1 Tab cable to interface the TimeLine with my MacBook Pro and it simply will not update. I read this entire thread, and tried all the suggestions save breaking down and buying the M-Audio cable. No go... The TimeLine reads LOADNG, and the lights on the USB interface flash and such, I even have MIDI Monitor running and it says signals are being sent, but... no... freak'n... go.. Lame... super waste of money buying this cable.

I sent a note to Creative for help last night, so far just an automated reply. They have no updated firmware for this device (for Mac anyways). In fact, they state on their website and in the manual that no firmware/driver is needed for Macintosh computers.

Its weird, all the indicators say things are working, but when I check the revision # on the TimeLine, it still says 1.14... I've done this over 10 times in like 8 different ways.

Ugh, and ugh... guess I'll just buy the stupid M-Audio cable like Strymon suggests... boo hoo and wah wah and all that. I thought I was saving $10 by buying the Creative cable. More like wasting $30 on a cable that won't operate as advertised.

So, moral of the story...

Just buy the M-Audio UNO 1x1 and call it good.

I'm off to MF to spend more money on this thing. (sigh)
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Back in the Great State
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

I've tried 20 different times and ways with my Cakewalk/Roland UM-1G and it still won't update, going to have pony up and buy the M-Audio as well.....ugh.

* Check out my gear demos:www.youtube.com/traviswalknyc
www.newdakotaband.com
Old 03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Supporting Member

Yeah, just ordered one... If I figure out a work-around without it before it arrives, I'll be sure to post it here.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab3 View Post
Yeah, just ordered one... If I figure out a work-around without it before it arrives, I'll be sure to post it here.
Anything ordered now will ship with the new firmware, dude!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsongbird

Anything ordered now will ship with the new firmware, dude!
I think he is talking about his MAudio cable
Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 PM

D'oh!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah4Autumn View Post
Finally got it to work...try this for windows xpsp3 user:

1. Make sure you have the correct driver for your usb midi device (used m-audio midisport)
2. I used version 1.22 of sendsex
3. Plug both cables in the way they are named according not the way the timeline update instructions say to
4. go to options tab and make sure that midi thru is selected
5. Under midi out make sure midisport is selected

This is what finally worked for me 2hrs later...hope this helps

This procedure is what worked for me with the M-Audio Uno 1x1 and my PC with windows vista.
Good TGP deals with - adamcobrien, Guitarbrett, ceedee1954, Highway Jones, RockStarNick, boogiemink, saltydogg, the_Chris, GhostLeg, studio8000, Vt58, mikes66, CenterNegative, R.C. Moran, DMB Pedals, jjboogie, edm4462, Makemusic85, daveS, FDawg, seney, rlwo222
Old 03-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Supporting Member

So I used the M-Audio Uno 1x1 (installed the latest Mac OS 10 driver first), followed the instructions via Strymon, slowed the upload speed to 50%, and it worked on the FIRST TRY!

I've been going back and forth with Arman at Creative (super friendly and helpful, by the way), but haven't as yet figured out how to get the Creative X Midi 1x1 Tab to work via Mac OS 10.6.8 with the TimeLine... I believe the cable is functioning fine (all software/hardware indicators support this), just incompatible with the TimeLine, I guess.

So yeah; if using a Mac, and to save on headaches, just get the M-Audio cable and call it good.

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 AM

Finally bought the M-Audio cable and it took like 2 min to do the update and the user presets update. I don't know why I waited this long, the updates are really great.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 AM

Finally got my M-Audio UNO today! (I know I know.. this update has been out for some time.. it made the wait for this cable even harder haha)

At first, I couldn't get the update to work ('loading' screen wasn't showing up). I then did some back-reading on this thread and found that the labels on the midi plugs of the UNO were pretty confusing (the 'out' end actually corresponded to 'in' in terms of function). I did that and still no luck. I then went on to download the latest driver from M-Audio's website since I figured the one in the included CD was probably out of date. After that, it worked flawlessly.. literally finished within a minute or so.

I also did the preset update for 50-99. Worked fine.

I really dig the spillover feature. That's something I've been waiting for. I didn't bother with global tap since I wouldn't really use it much (at least until they update it to be selectable per preset). Kill dry is something I could utilize in the future.

As for preset naming, I think it's also nice. It was nice to see the Strymon names for the factory presets (I haven't edited banks 50-99 because I want to have access to the "standard" presets for when I''m bored/exploring/writing). It gave me a sense of what they were going for. I haven't started naming my presets though. I put it back to no preset naming for now since it seems like it would be hard navigating a lot of presets without knowing where you are (absence of any bank indications). Maybe I could name them with numbers to make that easier (ie. "1xyz", "2xyz", etc).

I'll spend the afternoon digging into the new looper controls. They seem handy (especially the looper level controls).

All in all, a great update, imo. I hope they come out with more in the future.

100+ references on Philmusic, Pinoy Gear Talk, and TGP.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Anyone who needs an Uno, you can have mine for the price of shipping. Should be a couple bucks.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:40 AM

I used my presonus firepod's midi output and it worked just fine. So if you guys who are having trouble and have some sort of recording interface with midi, id def give that a shot. Its a shame most generic cables aren't working.. I tried one of those cheapo chinese ones from ebay.
you
have the courage
to
lose sight of
the
shore..