Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear Page Lounge > Recording/Live Sound

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Original mbox and windows 7

I'm looking for some clarification on using an original mbox and windows 7 64. I use my original mbox not for really recording anymore but for monitoring and mobile monitoring on my laptop. So what I had on my old XP laptop were the ASIO drivers and a special wavedriver software that allowed any music played on the PC (not just through protools) to come through the mbox to the monitors.

All being said I'm not getting a clear picture as to what works with the original mbox and windows 7 or how to make it work. I believe digidesign has said it's not supported. I've read some guys say the 32 bit version of windows works but not 64. I'm not getting my ASIO drivers to work correctly that came on my mbox driver disc.

So what works or doesn't work? Are there any generic drivers that people have coded to allow the mbox to work as a monitoring interface?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Part of the 11R's driver package are Mbox drivers.. I run Win 7 x64 and they installed fine

I would search out the drivers/software on the avid site and try loading them to your machine.. its a fair bet if they run ok they will function ok
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 AM

Remember that if the driver won't load, you can try using compatibility mode to install it based on the OS version that is supported.

Jimmy :)
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Hope somebody will still read this...

I installed the "11R" (Avid Eleven Rack) drivers into Windows 7 and they installed properly, however when I go to select the output in the sound control panel, Mbox is not displayed as an output. (Nor is it displayed in other software as an output option).

If I go to Manage in my Control Panels, I see the Mbox activated as a piece of hardware right next to my computer's sound card, however like I mentioned, I cannot select it's output.

Can anybody help me plz..

The original Mbox has a really sweet sounding output.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Gold Supporting Member

Try the asio4all universal driver. They have a 32/64 bit version that supports Windows 7 x86/x64. You can get the driver at:

http://asio4all.com

I donít know if it works with the original Mbox, but it does work with many consumer-grade and semi-pro soundcards and integrated audio chipsets, and is worth trying.

Great deals with benderman57, cfdude, decay-o-caster, dylmit, eddie101, guitarman_1, gweeterman1, Jon C, Jon Silberman, lennon08, lgehrig4, localmotion411, lp144, lv, m3g, MikeyG, nelson5150, reddgeetarzan, rh, Ron Thorn, sandiprdesai, Shades, Steve Snider, Tag, tejastubes, telephone, Tradarama, UMT, WinstonN, zoooombiex, Lemuel, Monkey Boy,Timmers and many others