Feedback Score: 0 reviews

DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM - General discussion

This thread is part of a series, as follows:

DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - General discussion
DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - Shared Patches
DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - Ready Reference
DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - OnSong
DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - Accessories and DIY

and has been started in an attempt to help the Digitech iPB-10 user community by:
  • rallying users around a single forum area rather than a number of disparate threads (on this and other forums)
  • recognizing that Digitech will not be ready for some time with its vision to re-platform its own forum area
  • addressing frustrations by users who have had issues with performance and availability of other forums.
Thanks

MediaMan

Last edited by Mediaman; 11-20-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM

Anyone know what the warranty is on the iPB-10?

I could not find any reference to it anywhere of the Digitech web site, or in the manual.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaman View Post

I could not find any reference to it anywhere of the Digitech web site, or in the manual.
Digitech's Mfr Warranty is 1 year. I believe I read it on a couple online retailer sites in the details or warranty section.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
Digitech's Mfr Warranty is 1 year. I believe I read it on a couple online retailer sites in the details or warranty section.
Ya, saw that too, ZZ sounds for example has this PDF file.

But that would not apply to me as I am in Canada (and as well ,did not purchase from ZZ sounds).

I know my retailer will take care of me if needed ; just found it odd that there is nothing posted on the DigiTech site or in the manual about warranty (at least nothing I could find).
Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 AM

Good to be here. I hope most of the other users will join, too. Including DTRep...
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaman View Post

I don't know how long the warranty is good for but I just had a problem with my iPB-10 cable that connects to the iPad and DigitechRep immediately got back to me and I'm getting a replacement part.

Last edited by cooldrewb; 10-31-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Gold Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannydingo View Post
Yes, we're already on page 2 and nothing about the IPB-10 said yet. Ok, so how is the intelligent harmonizer on the IPB-10? You know, the Smart harmonizer. Is it flawless, like say on my Pod HD Pro or previous multi-effect modelers from Digitech, themselves? I mean like where you can pick a third above the note, you also pick the key and you also pick the scale. Is it the real thing like those products past and present or is it simply the most stable of the RP/GSP1101 technology? I'm talkin' where you do bends, slides, high notes, sustained bends, etc.
Hey manny, I know you have been interested in the harmonizer function when the ipb-10 first came out. ( When i occassionally visited TSB ) when I checked it last year, I detected a warble. Not sure if the past updates changed that, as I really don't use the harmonizer. However, if your question does not get answered by the weekend, and if i find the time, I will plug in and try it based on your above example, and let you know what I hear. Maybe record it too.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 AM

Uh, due to something too long to explain, this post is supposed to be above the one above me by Jerry. He beat me to the punch of moving our posts over here and I didn't realize he had done it. You will, for that reason, see my post below quoted by him even though it's officially posted after his posting. I hope I didn't confuse you guys with all that? Now read below:

Ok, so how is the intelligent harmonizer on the IPB-10? You know, the Smart harmonizer. Is it flawless, like say on my Pod HD Pro or previous multi-effect modelers from Digitech, themselves? I mean like where you can pick a third above the note, you also pick the key and you also pick the scale. Is it the real thing like those products past and present or is it simply the most stable of the RP/GSP1101 technology? I'm talkin' where you do bends, slides, high notes, sustained bends, etc.

Last edited by mannydingo; 11-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 PM

Smile Moving over to TGP

I'm here as well. Honestly, I thought HC would have fixed their issues by now. Much thanks to MediaMan for sustained efforts in supporting iPB-10 user discussion, and this transition to TGP in particular.

Rock on!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Number of iPB-10's sold to date

Does anyone have any info on how large (or how small) the iPB-10 community actually is? ie how many units have sold to date?

And how that would compare to say with RP1000?? ,

Or how that would compare to other manufacturers (eg Line6 HD500) ??

This unit has so much potential, but I'm really curious to know if it's a tiny niche market, or something indeed quite large.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Supporting Member

Question for you guys: Where do you set your "preset volumes"? I believe the default is 50. Is there any advantage of using a different number?

I'm trying to balance my patch volumes and on a couple of them, the amp is set much higher to achieve the desired tone, requiring that I reduce the preset volume to 30-35. Many of my presets sound at parity volume-wise at 50, so I was kind of using that as my baseline. Just curious if there's any considerations I'm not thinking about.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Question for you guys: Where do you set your "preset volumes"? I believe the default is 50. Is there any advantage of using a different number?

I'm trying to balance my patch volumes and on a couple of them, the amp is set much higher to achieve the desired tone, requiring that I reduce the preset volume to 30-35. Many of my presets sound at parity volume-wise at 50, so I was kind of using that as my baseline. Just curious if there's any considerations I'm not thinking about.
It probably depends on individual amps, but using the 4CM through my Marshall, I get volume parity with the preset volume at about 46.

BTW....I'm here!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Fireproof;14188518]Question for you guys: Where do you set your "preset volumes"? /QUOTE]

All of mine are between 40 and 50. I start at 50, but on some presets I want to dial up the amp volume more to get more faux power tube breakup (such as on the Tweed Deluxe and Orange amps). I back down these ones from 50 until it matches my other presets (to keep the sound guys happy ). I think my lowest one so far has ended up at 42.

I've kept the output pot on the back of the unit at 12 O'clock so far.

I'm playing right into the mixing board (although I have a Tech 21 power engine 60 on one channel that I'm using more or less as a monitor during gigs, but acts as my speaker when I'm practicing at home so I don't need to flash up a PA). Sounds great!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2112 View Post
It probably depends on individual amps, but using the 4CM through my Marshall, I get volume parity with the preset volume at about 46.

BTW....I'm here!
Thanks - but I'm more talking about volume parity from preset to preset...

When I download some of the patches, they are higher or lower than my favorites, so I have to tweak them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitfiddl View Post
Quote:
Question for you guys: Where do you set your "preset volumes"?
All of mine are between 40 and 50. I start at 50, but on some presets I want to dial up the amp volume more to get more faux power tube breakup (such as on the Tweed Deluxe and Orange amps). I back down these ones from 50 until it matches my other presets (to keep the sound guys happy ). I think my lowest one so far has ended up at 42.

I've kept the output pot on the back of the unit at 12 O'clock so far.

I'm playing right into the mixing board (although I have a Tech 21 power engine 60 on one channel that I'm using more or less as a monitor during gigs, but acts as my speaker when I'm practicing at home so I don't need to flash up a PA). Sounds great!
Very helpful. That helps - thanks!!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Hand-foot coordination

Consider these four 'modes' of operation:
Mode 1: Nexus app; ipb10 (/external) footswitches. This of course is the baseline, and we have already seen many suggestions and feature requests for the future.

Mode 2: Other apps; ipb10 (/external) footswitches. With version 1.06, we saw for the first time, thought given to controlling other apps with a footswitch (eg FS3x connected to iPB-10 controlling iTunes music).

The initial reaction by some was 'who cares', in that it would be been more desireable to have footswitch control of NEXUS/ipb-10 functions, eg Banks and Positions ( ie Mode 1)

While that is a very fair assessment, I do hope this 'mode' is explored further.

For example, one of the major apps I use for managing songsheets/tabs/chords/lyrics/music is Onsong an aboslutely fabulous app on som many levels - ts pretty awesome). Anyway, one of the optional accessoriss sold with it, is a 4 pedal bluetooth footswitch for hands free operation of Onsong ( ie tap a footswitch to raise/lower backing tracks, change songhseets, change keys of chord sheet etc). It would be cool if users did not have to seperately purchase such a product, but instead could utilize the iPB-10 hardware.

Mode 3: Nexus app, other pedals
If (2) is not possbile and a users ends up buying the AirTurn, the reverse question comes to mind, and that is, can the AirTurn provide handsfree control of the Nexus app. This is an important question especially if (1) is slow to come to fruition. I contacted OnSong on this point in general, and they said "The AirTurn will work will any iPad app that is programed to use a wireless foot pedal" So I wonder if the Nexus app could be programmed to use it one day.

Mode 4: Others apps, other pedals
Not a concern of Digitech!
I think Mode (2) is already on the suggestion box wish list, but dont think Mode (3) is, so I will add it.

Last edited by Mediaman; 11-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Closed Thread