Become a Supporting Member


Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear > Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
DonM DonM is offline
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,060
"Who's That Lady"? Isleys Killer Solo effects box - Vintage RolandAP7



I Just won this on a Snipe bid, at ebay today!
$270.00
I Can't wait wanted one since that song came out!
"Who's That Lady" That song used to make me run home and want to play my guitar!
I found out what it was just 3 years ago and I have been hunting since.

just bagged her!

Its going to be fun!
I'll be sharing it with a friend who's in the studio doing some Barry White Tribute stuff - but original material --

Cheers
Don Mare
__________________
As per requested by admin; 7-30-13
Disclaimer: DonM
is Don Mare _ and is_ directly affiliated to;
Don Mare Pickups

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 PM
bandofthieves™ bandofthieves™ is offline
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Georgia U.S.A.
Posts: 4,311
Great Find.Very Cool Pedal.. One question. I thought the AP-7 didn't arrive until like 1975,a year before Boss.. And WTL was re-recorded in 1973..I don't have my Analogman book handy,maybe someone else could chime in..
__________________
LESS EBAY MORE MEL BAY

https://www.facebook.com/keith.smith.37051
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 PM
screamtone screamtone is offline
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Derby City
Posts: 2,764
I thought the solo was an EH Micro Synth.
__________________
Current Rotation (subject to change):
Guitars: Electrics and Acoustics.
Amps: Small ones and big ones.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
DonM DonM is offline
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,060
Your Right, goes to show ya how the internet is full of mis truths.. I got taken in..
Oh well
Now I need a EH Micro Synth..
I start searchin.
aahhhhhhhhhhhh! Shoot.
__________________
As per requested by admin; 7-30-13
Disclaimer: DonM
is Don Mare _ and is_ directly affiliated to;
Don Mare Pickups

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 AM
DonM DonM is offline
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,060
It, seems to have boiled down to a Maestro Phaser the one with colored switches, and a Big Muff, and possibly compression. he also had a Octiva at the time but its not used on the lady track.

We can Thank Guitar Player for the mis-truth info they put out in there interview, stating it was a Roland JP7 even going as far to state that the bumble baa fuzz in this jet Phaser was unlike any fuzz they tested, and making this the only way to get that Whos That Lady Tone.

ohhh well maybe it's just as special.. If not i'll look for the old maestro. I like those anyways but the plug into the way and they bleed over ..
__________________
As per requested by admin; 7-30-13
Disclaimer: DonM
is Don Mare _ and is_ directly affiliated to;
Don Mare Pickups


Last edited by DonM; 08-21-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Gumby Gumby is offline
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 354
still a cool find
__________________
Very nice! Hi5
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 AM
what? what? is offline
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 514
I almost bought that thing for AU$75 about US$50 from a pawnshop here in Perth couple of years ago. I didnt know what it was, so I googled it and found out what it worth, went back after few days and its gone!

Damn it....
__________________
People I've dealt with (that I can remember)-PSaulino, OscrDGrch, boon, Lavely, Sethro, gregit, rewog, hdiddy, Peter Faragher, pepperco, gkelm, devi ever, szodiac, MAGICboy, r9player, tonedaddy, gaspedals.net, Skreddy, Yup, parkerbro, LarryR, Ted Witcher, coreybox, daveaust, yeahyeahyeah, leftyaxeslinger, Idlewilde, enditol, vorvick, mavrick10_2000, jec, flyingvees, trower, Dion, parkerbro, J.T., tonefordays
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2007, 04:27 AM
carlygtr56 carlygtr56 is offline
Banned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fillmore East
Posts: 3,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
It, seems to have boiled down to a Maestro Phaser the one with colored switches, and a Big Muff, and possibly compression. he also had a Octiva at the time but its not used on the lady track.

We can Thank Guitar Player for the mis-truth info they put out in there interview, stating it was a Roland JP7 even going as far to state that the bumble baa fuzz in this jet Phaser was unlike any fuzz they tested, and making this the only way to get that Whos That Lady Tone.

ohhh well maybe it's just as special.. If not i'll look for the old maestro. I like those anyways but the plug into the way and they bleed over ..

+1 good info.
Big Muff and the Maestro.
I understand WTL was also recorded direct.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
DonneR's Avatar
DonneR DonneR is offline
BearFoot FX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlygeetar56 View Post
+1 good info.
Big Muff and the Maestro.
I understand WTL was also recorded direct.
which order ??
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 AM
carlygtr56 carlygtr56 is offline
Banned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fillmore East
Posts: 3,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonneR View Post
which order ??

Don, that sound, IMO is def Muff into the phase.

I saw them in '75 and had pics of his board.
It was CryBaby wah into the Muff into the phase. At one point he had the wedge RM Octavia (voiced for him, btw) and that was shown after the Big Muff, and before the phaser.

I got the Carl Martin Two Faze. A clone of the Maestro PS1-A.
Used Bob's Pi Face into the Two Faze towards the end of this clip 2X.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5363646
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Jet Bycraft Jet Bycraft is offline
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 777
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post


I Just won this on a Snipe bid, at ebay today!
$270.00
I Can't wait wanted one since that song came out!
"Who's That Lady" That song used to make me run home and want to play my guitar!
I found out what it was just 3 years ago and I have been hunting since.

just bagged her!

Its going to be fun!
I'll be sharing it with a friend who's in the studio doing some Barry White Tribute stuff - but original material --

Cheers
Don Mare
I used to have a Jet Phase! I wish I still did!
__________________
Jet's MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/jetbycraft
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Jet Bycraft Jet Bycraft is offline
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 777
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlygeetar56 View Post
Don, that sound, IMO is def Muff into the phase.

I saw them in '75 and had pics of his board.
It was CryBaby wah into the Muff into the phase. At one point he had the wedge RM Octavia (voiced for him, btw) and that was shown after the Big Muff, and before the phaser.

I got the Carl Martin Two Faze. A clone of the Maestro PS1-A.
Used Bob's Pi Face into the Two Faze towards the end of this clip 2X.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5363646
What happened to pic's???
__________________
Jet's MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/jetbycraft
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 AM
DonneR's Avatar
DonneR DonneR is offline
BearFoot FX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlygeetar56 View Post
Don, that sound, IMO is def Muff into the phase.

I saw them in '75 and had pics of his board.
It was CryBaby wah into the Muff into the phase. At one point he had the wedge RM Octavia (voiced for him, btw) and that was shown after the Big Muff, and before the phaser.

I got the Carl Martin Two Faze. A clone of the Maestro PS1-A.
Used Bob's Pi Face into the Two Faze towards the end of this clip 2X.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5363646
Hmmm thanks c Thats one of those sounds Ive wondered about and now that you mention the crybaby I wonder if he left that on as that sound has a real notched sound to it, tho I dont know...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Wooley Wooley is offline
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post


I Just won this on a Snipe bid, at ebay today!
$270.00
I Can't wait wanted one since that song came out!
"Who's That Lady" That song used to make me run home and want to play my guitar!
I found out what it was just 3 years ago and I have been hunting since.

just bagged her!

Its going to be fun!
I'll be sharing it with a friend who's in the studio doing some Barry White Tribute stuff - but original material --

Cheers
Don Mare
You, sir, have done well!
__________________
Gibson SG '61 Reish ->Bud Wah->Tonefactor Deuce Looper with tuner in loop->Foxrox Aquavibe->HBE Psilocybe Phaser->Catalinbread Hyperpak->Shannon Helios->RH Eternity->Analogman-triple-modded Deluxe Memory Man->Fender '59 Bassman Reish... Fulltone Gold Standard Cables, George L's
Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 AM
carlygtr56 carlygtr56 is offline
Banned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fillmore East
Posts: 3,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bycraft View Post
What happened to pic's???

HAD pics!!
There is a pic of his board on one of the cds. Around '75
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999-2014, The Gear Page, LLC, Brian Scherzer
All rights reserved.
Header Graphic by NetThink 21