Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > Instruments > Luthier's Corner: Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Silver Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

PRS McCarty wiring schematic help, please!!!

Hi guys,

I've got a PRS McCarty, and I'm going to be changing out the bridge pickup (to a 4- conductor Duncan Seth Lover). Does any one have access to a schmatic diagram for the McCarty coil-split pots? I've never changed a pickup with 4-conductor cables in a coil-split pot before...only 2-conductor braided swaps (which are easy). This looks pretty tricky...which wires go where????

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

clay49,
If you'll PM me with your email address, I can send you some photos, pdf's and such. I've got a few things in my files, but no way to post them here.
Steve
Hilton Volume; SR Turbo Tuner; Teese RMC-3; Skreddy Lunar Module & Screwdriver; Fromel Shape; Bearfoot PGC; Analogman KOT4 & Chorus; SweetSounds UltraVibe; Strymon El Cap, Brigadier & Blue Sky Reverb; MP Ruby Red Booster; ADL Juicebox JBX-3; Lovepedal Eternity & Kalamazoo; Tim; Axxess BS-2
Old 11-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

When in doubt, contact the company:

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/schema...08/mccarty.pdf

To convert this diagram to your Duncan: where it says: Push/Pull Tone Pot - "Bridge Pickup Tap (White)" you'll solder the red and white wires of your Duncan.

Where it says: Side Views, 3 way toggle - "Bridge pickup hot" you'll connect black from your Duncan.

The bare and green wire of your Duncan you'll wire to common ground, usually the back of the volume pot. If you find your pickup is out of phase with the neck (a thin, hollow sound when both pickups are on) flip the black wire with the green and you're good to go.

Last edited by GM Reszel; 11-17-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Silver Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Thanks!