Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear > Digital & Modeling Gear

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Silver Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Can you use the Irig and amplitube with Sonoma wireworks 4track

Got the irig today and couln't figure out how to use the two together. Is it possible?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Silver Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Don't think you can integrate the two. It's not a VST type arrangement like on the desktop systems.

Amplitube actually has a multi track recorder built in. On the iPad, I think it is 4 track...
Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Yup. But we have found the iRig & iRig Mic for VocaLive to work with other apps like the new Garageband !
Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Silver Supporting Member

The problem is I downloaded 4track and their drum programs and now I am stuck. I realize I can buy the 4track recorder for Irig, but then what do I use for creating drum tracks? The sonoma drum track stuff is pretty good. Is their another drum track set up for the 4 track recorder in irig?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:39 PM

FourTrack and iRig

Sonoma likes IK's AmpliTube, and while AmpliTube does not currently include AudioCopy and/or AudioPaste, like FourTrack and InstantDrummer and 60 other apps do, we're hopeful that IK will add that feature so that you can access your InstantDrummers from their software as well. The iRig will work with Sonoma's FourTrack, but Sonoma's GuitarJack is best to use for recording. Please read this FAQ for more info: http://sonomawireworks.com/guitarjack/guide/#best

Contact Sonoma to let us know what problem you are having getting iRig to work with FourTrack as we have tested it, and it works fine except for the inherent crosstalk that you'll find with headphone input devices.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Silver Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
Sonoma likes IK's AmpliTube, and while AmpliTube does not currently include AudioCopy and/or AudioPaste, like FourTrack and InstantDrummer and 60 other apps do, we're hopeful that IK will add that feature so that you can access your InstantDrummers from their software as well. The iRig will work with Sonoma's FourTrack, but Sonoma's GuitarJack is best to use for recording. Please read this FAQ for more info: http://sonomawireworks.com/guitarjack/guide/#best

Contact Sonoma to let us know what problem you are having getting iRig to work with FourTrack as we have tested it, and it works fine except for the inherent crosstalk that you'll find with headphone input devices.
I should have clarified. Maybe I should have said does amplitube work. I can hear my guitar using the irig, I just can't use the amp modeling sounds from amplitube it seems. Am I doing something wrong.
Does the guitar jack have amp modeling. How exactly do you get "amp sound" using the guitar jack? Does it work with amplitube?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Sorry AmpliTube does not work with FourTrack. Sonoma is working on amp modeling solutions for FourTrack. Subscribe to FourTrack news and we'll tell you when this becomes available in FourTrack: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/news.php

GuitarJack works best with FourTrack and Taylor EQ because they include the GuitarJack control panel - more apps will soon include the GuitarJack control panel. GuitarJack is also compatible with many recording apps, guitar tuners, and audio effects apps, even if they do not have a GuitarJack control panel as long as you adjust the settings in GuitarJack control panel app first. The only amp model that we know doesn't work at all with GuitarJack is AmpliTube, and we communicated with IK the necessary changes they would have to make in AmpliTube to make it work with GuitarJack.

Thanks for your interest in our products!

Best,
Michelle
http://www.sonomawireworks.com
Follow Sonoma: http://sonomawireworks.com/follow
Free Sonoma software: http://sonomawireworks.com/free
Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Related question: can you use Sonoma Wireworks Taylor EQ iOS app for iPhone with other input interfaces other than the GuitarJack? I already have an iRig and a GuitarConnect cable and was wondering if the Guitar Jack control panel input gain would work with these devices?

I'm particularly intrigued with the iTunes play-through feature which IK's product does not have (their backing tracks feature is cumbersome and memory intensive since it wants you to load .wav versions of the songs onto the iphone).
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 AM

After launching AmpliTube go to SONG, click ADD SONG and you can import via WiFi, File Sharing or from your iPod Library.

Once the song is in AmpliTube, it can be assigned to a particular track by clicking the TO REC button.