Become a Supporting Member

Go Back   The Gear Page > The Gear > Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Totti View Post
I'd like to see Slapback TonePrints. For example , PGS EP-3 TonePrint reduced to 300 mls would be really nice for Slapback.
The Audley Freed Nashville Toneprint is a really nice slapback one. Check it out if you haven't already.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
Well I ordered the TC Electronic Hall of Fame this weekend so hopefully it should be with me next week!

I have a question for Tore or any other experts on this pedal. I am a big fan of the early Racer X sound, especially the Second Heat sound, which I think is the work of the ADA.

Has anyone got suggested settings that I could use on the Hall of Fame to get tones like these:

Hi binge,

Well, seeing as we just released a Paul Gilbert Reverb TonePrint, that would be the obvious place to start. Just back down the decay a bit and it should you get you pretty close. Unfortunately it didn't make the final video, but Paul actually played a couple of old Racer X riffs while tweaking the reverb - and even though it obviously helps quite a bit to have the guy who wrote the riffs play them, it sounded pretty darn good to me. (As an old fan I gotta admit it was pretty freaking awesome. )

Here's a link to the TonePrint:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprin...rDcmntId=12326

Cheers,
Tore
http://www.tcelectronic.com/GuitarEffects
Old 09-05-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tore TC View Post
Hi all,

A month or two ago I promised to do some custom TonePrints for Flashback Delay based on specific requests from TGP users - I ended up making 8 in total, but a couple of Hall of Fame TonePrint snuck their way in too, making it a total of 10 TGP TonePrints.

I have to stress that this is not something I can do on a permanent basis... it takes quite a while to dial in the TonePrints, create the actual installer files and the webpages. But feel free to PM me if you have requests for a specific TonePrint... no promises though!

But to make a long story short, they're finally ready and online. I hope you guys (especially those of you who requested them) like 'em. I honestly can't remember who requested which TonePrints, but I hope you can find yours. Here they are:

FLASHBACK

Analog meets Thorn Delay
An analog delay TonePrint with the modulation and knob tapers from the Pete Thorn TonePrint.

Analog, Schackinger, Beck and Thorn
This TonePrint has the same basic delay tone as the standard toneprint shipping with the pedal, but has the maximum delay time of Matt Becks tape echo toneprint, the damping of the Steffen Schackinger toneprint and maximum feedback setting of the Pete Thorn toneprint.

Analog with Heavy Modulation
A classic analog delay with heavy modulation

Becks Tape + Peter’s Mod Delay
Based on Matt Beck’s awesome tape echo TonePrint but with the modulation from Peter Thorn's TonePrint.

EP3 - Less Drive
A variation of ProGuitarShop’s hugely popular EP-3 TonePrint but with a little less saturation - perfect for guitar players with hot pickups.

TriChorus
Turns your Flashback into a TriChorus. The Delay time knob controls the chorus speed and feedback controls the depth.

Oscillating EP-3
A variation of the popular EP-3 from ProGuitarShop with possibility of getting the echoes to go into self-oscillation.

Bright Analog Delay
A slightly brighter analog delay with lots of bucket-brigade chip grit and no modulation.

HALL OF FAME

Big Room with a View - Subtle Modulation
A lightly modulated room reverb with the possibility of a loooooong decay… 20 secs to be precise.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Tore
Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Thank you Tore!! I will load the Paul Gilbert setting onto my pedal when I get it tomorrow. I was actually watching some of your videos and I'm very keen on hearing the PGS Andy Hall of Fame setting too.

I got an email today and my pedal has been sent out so it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

I know you get sick of people saying this but, if TC ever get round to making the editing software available can you please make sure that it's Macintosh compatible!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
I know you get sick of people saying this but, if TC ever get round to making the editing software available can you please make sure that it's Macintosh compatible!!!
A huge +1 on Mac compatibility!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt_Core View Post
+1 !!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 AM

Well guys, I got my Hall of Fame yesterday and it's fantastic!

I know I mentioned about the Racer X sound and Tore recommended the Paul Gilbert TonePrint, which I downloaded and tried and it sounded great. However, the Church of Andy is just amazing sounding! I'm telling you, TC Electronic should do an Andy PGS collective and have him do TonePrints for all their pedals. The guy has a great set of ears, he should have been a session guitarist.

Another question - anyone else find the FX Level of the Doug Aldrich TonePrint is quite low when the toggle switch is in the the quarter note position but when you have it in the bottom position, quarter and dotted eights, it's volume is quite normal ?

Last edited by binge; 09-07-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I looked for the Dan Huff Chorus Toneprint on TC's website and couldn't find it. The video on Youtube sounded cool.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Another idea: TC should get Andy Timmons to play with a Flashback delay...
Old 09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulydangerous View Post
I looked for the Dan Huff Chorus Toneprint on TC's website and couldn't find it. The video on Youtube sounded cool.
Try this! I believe I have the trichorus one installed! Didn't realize he has 2 different one's to choose from. I absolutely love it!

Chorus 1

Chorus 2
JP
Old 09-13-2011, 09:29 AM

+1 for Andy Timmons fb tp
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt_Core View Post
+1

Gilmour TP please!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Gilmour TP would be the (.)(.)
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 AM

Hi Tore,

I hope you're still following this thread.

I'm looking for some classic 80s / 90s LA studio sounds from my Hall of Fame and Flashback Delay. Just wondering if you can recommend any specific toneprints which would be perfect for this kind of thing?

Something like the tones in that clip. I know there's chorus in the effects chain too but what can I do with my reverb and delay pedals?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 AM

Just downloaded these two from an awesome artist.... Great for the ambient folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQLk5rhcC3M

http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprin...rDcmntId=12554

http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprin...rDcmntId=12555