Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Thx Randy.

No derail, just a pretty rare amp :-)

J T Guitar, appreciate the input. I guess I made the right decision regarding the voicing...

About the logos - I was wondering if they are possible at all to attach to the thiele cab? I mean, is there anything to screw it into between the speaker and the top of the cab?
No space at all, there is very little mounting space for anything other than the small logo that is used on the Thiele.
http://www.glaswerks.com
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
So fellas...

Im on the list for a SOD II and pretty excited! I talked to Gary about my needs and went for the DeLeo/Desert Sky (w/RF tweaks) voicings, but Id love to get some feedback from you guys as well. I know very little about the different circuits/PI options and such, just going by my ears - and opinions :-)

I play mostly strats/teles and dig SRV type tones, and this is what I hope to get out of the DeLeo voicing : Low strings remain the piano-like "clonck" when overdriven (instead of going into the harmonic one octave higher). I need compression when picking harder and doing double stops, where the notes sort of implode instead of going into mush/intermodulation. The OhHenry voicing is supposed to be optimized for strats, but is also brighter than the DeLeo. Im not looking for bright, just the mids to sit right. Anyone experienced the difference between these two voicings?

I hope my Les Paul will match up great with the Desert Sky voicing. Going for Robben Ford all the way! I love how the midrange in his lead tones are fat and strong but wont mush up when chording. I like the clips of Nicky Moroch on the Desert Sky voicings, but they seem a bit brighter and gainer than the RF tones Im (also) shooting for. Scott Lerner did a clip that is much closer to my ear, so Im sure its in there. In fact, within the HRM/non HRM + voicing options and tone knobs I am pretty confident Ill be happy. Havent heard a bad clip yet.

I will be getting Garys thiele cab as well, already have a 2x12 with ET65s and a 1x12 oval ported with a BlackHawk HP...

So any advice on the voicings OR special tweaking I should ask for?

Thanks guys.

Reg.
I have the Deleo/Dessert Sky with RF tweaks, and I think the Deleo with a strat covers Lenny pretty well. There is some tone in a person's fingers and SRV used heavier strings and a lower tuning. I have the 212 cabinet and the combination with the amp sounds amazing.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:04 AM

Thx Tremcat.

Yes, tone is in the fingers/ears of the player and Im not trying to copy SRV in any way. Since most can relate to him, I simply used his tone as an example. Well his OD tone on the neck pup, to be presise.

From the clips Ive heard, my strats will be fine on the Desert Sky voicing so Im not worried. I hope to get more vintage-like tones on either the DeLeo or OhHenry with a strat, just havent heard any yet. Maybe I should make some clips myself...

Thanks for the input!

Reg
Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 AM

What's the aprox wait time on one of these puppies?

Lorne

www.guitarlessonlive.com
Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Gold Supporting Member

Several people have asked about the ordering process for Super Overdri ve II amps, so here goes....

I normally build amps in small batches. 4 to 5 at a time. If you send me an email to glaswerks@glaswerks.com I will get your email onto my distribution list.

The way it works is pretty simple, I will send out an email to the distribution list at the start of the build cycle starting the number of slots that are available and the first people that respond get into the slots.

Deposit requirements at 50% at the start of the build, based on a formal quote stating configuration and any options, and 50% before shipment. Build time is usually 5 to 6 weeks (I also work regular job on top of building amps so this can be a variable).

FWIW, the next batch is starting and I have two slots available in that group of amps.

Zingaro and Overdrive Deluxe amps are available at any time and usually have a 4 to 5 week delivery time after receipe of order.

Gary
Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 AM

Gary, sign me up!

Can't answer your email in re next couple of hours, but you can send me one with your PayPal name and stuff :-)

Reggie...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Silver Supporting Member

Gary's process for ordering an amp is very easy and his customer service is exceptional. Once the order is placed the amps are built in a very timely fashion and everything is done very professionally.
The most difficult part of the process for me was determining which amp would fit me best. Gary will walk you through everything on the phone and help answer any questions that you may have. I just bought two amps from Gary and I could not be happier with the overall experience, build quality, tones, etc. These amps are really amazing and I strongly believe I've owned/gigged enough high end amps to make that claim from real life experiences.
Thanks again Gary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaswerks View Post
Several people have asked about the ordering process for Super Overdri ve II amps, so here goes....

I normally build amps in small batches. 4 to 5 at a time. If you send me an email to glaswerks@glaswerks.com I will get your email onto my distribution list.

The way it works is pretty simple, I will send out an email to the distribution list at the start of the build cycle starting the number of slots that are available and the first people that respond get into the slots.

Deposit requirements at 50% at the start of the build, based on a formal quote stating configuration and any options, and 50% before shipment. Build time is usually 5 to 6 weeks (I also work regular job on top of building amps so this can be a variable).

FWIW, the next batch is starting and I have two slots available in that group of amps.

Zingaro and Overdrive Deluxe amps are available at any time and usually have a 4 to 5 week delivery time after receipe of order.

Gary
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I'm in the next build group.
Absolutely the best customer service!!!!
LOVE Gary's amps!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 AM

Good for you, gtrs. I had to pass on this run, since Gary had to order the 220 OT :-(

He did say he would send me the SOD II manual in PDF form, just to make the waiting harder, but never got around it I guess. If you have it, could you please PM it to me?
Don't want to disturb while he's servicing you guys...

Also, do you know who builds his cabs? I'd like to decide tolex/grill and so on.

Good luck on your amps!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Drifting the Hi-Plains
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I've been out of the loop with the lead times (& I'm a little thick)......

Does this mean there is not a ~2 year wait anymore? Is getting in on the next group only a 2-1/2 to 3 month wait?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Gold Supporting Member

Are are correct, I changed about 6 months ago, the current method gives everyone the same opportunity and it keeps my work flow higher (not having to chase bad email addresses etc etc). From the email I sent last week, all slots are filled and in process.

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perry View Post
I've been out of the loop with the lead times (& I'm a little thick)......

Does this mean there is not a ~2 year wait anymore? Is getting in on the next group only a 2-1/2 to 3 month wait?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Drifting the Hi-Plains

That's great news!!!

Quote:
Are are correct, I changed about 6 months ago, the current method gives everyone the same opportunity and it keeps my work flow higher (not having to chase bad email addresses etc etc). From the email I sent last week, all slots are filled and in process.

Gary
Thanks, I know that happened with me way back in the begining for you when you had the long wait list. I changed jobs and you had my old work e-mail (my fault of course). I missed my turn.

I loved the cleans on the early SODI that I borrowed for about a week from a local TGPer.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold Supporting Member

If you loved the cleans of the SOD I, the cleans on II (100W) are even better. The SOD II 100 uses a full frame 100W tranny about 2x the size of a twin reverb. Monster headroom.

Just received my 150W iron last week and it is HUGE. Should have my power transformers at the end of this week. May take a crane to lift the things.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Drifting the Hi-Plains

Quote:
If you loved the cleans of the SOD I, the cleans on II (100W) are even better. The SOD II 100 uses a full frame 100W tranny about 2x the size of a twin reverb. Monster headroom.

Just received my 150W iron last week and it is HUGE. Should have my power transformers at the end of this week. May take a crane to lift the things.
Wow!! Are you making a SOD II 150 or something SSSish?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Hey Gary, since you're getting sidetracked here anyway, maybe you could mail me the manual + tolex option link when convenient?

Thx mucho,
Reg.