• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by 56Tweed

1. 56Tweed

New Suhr “Discovery”, analog delay pedal!

After a five month wait, I got the call this week that mine was in and it arrived today. I know I'm not as experienced with delays as many here, but suffice it to say this thing sounds really good for what I do. I was pretty quickly able to dial in some really juicy tones. I have a lot to...
  2. 56Tweed

Friday Night Fuzz Fest (clips)

I bet that was a blast to play! This should be fun, not a clinical demonstration. I really dig the tones.
  3. 56Tweed

1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

That sounds really good. I can't remember the last time I had the urge to play Still of the Night, but I did after hearing that.
  4. 56Tweed

Cable management day!

I started with those Y hooks. I actually spent more money on a bunch of those than the other unit. Its both messier ands fewer cables. Nice work on the DIY version!
  5. 56Tweed

Analogman Sunface club

Pretty nice group there. If I could make one humble suggestion, check out the mini-bi-comp. Both sides are really useful to me, but I really dig using the the orange squeezer side as a boost into a cleanish amp. Many of these pedals also stack really well.
  6. 56Tweed

RIP Pat Martino

Hate reading this, but knew it was coming. Hope he has a proper send off, a true great!
  7. 56Tweed

Fight of The Best Dumble Clones! Quinn vs Louis Electrics Cobra!

I have had a ton of vintage Fender amps, but that is sort of a different thing. I have a 4x10 made from reclaimed antique pine (wood harvested in the 1800s). That cab in significantly heavier and therefore not nearly as lively. Enjoy the cab, hope the music makes up for the setbacks during...
  8. 56Tweed

Fight of The Best Dumble Clones! Quinn vs Louis Electrics Cobra!

That looks really great, nice choice! Recently picked up a Tony Bruno 2x12 made out of pine with a birch baffle. I was amazed how different the top end was. I moved a pair of alnico speakers from another 2x12 to it and they sounded completely different. The pine cab sounds very responsive...
  9. 56Tweed

Top Hat Vanderbilt 33 / Super Deluxe compared to a JMI era AC30 TB

It sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you are looking for. I would hit Brian up and talk through it with him. I'm pretty confident he can dial in what you are looking for.
  10. 56Tweed

Lentz trad vs. reserve S pricing question

There are lots of examples where I think there are bargains or builders that charge more than I would be willing to pay. Based on my thinking though if he has a ~7 month wait list, he should up his prices.
  11. 56Tweed

Cable management day!

I went with these.. Gator Frameworks GFW-CABLEHANGER Wall Mountable Cable Hanger And Organizer | Sweetwater It keeps things from twisting into a rats nest and makes it a whole lot easier to sort by type. Even with the bulk of my equipment wired up, I still have enough cables for two of these...
  12. 56Tweed

Lentz trad vs. reserve S pricing question

The rational behind it is basic supply and demand. The longer the builder's wait time, the more customer service overhead there is in trying to keep people happy with the wait. If a builder consistently has a 6+ month wait time to me that is a clear sign that it is time to raise prices. Many...
  13. 56Tweed

Cable management day!

Last time I bought cables, I finally sprung for a cable hangers which really came in handy. When I loaded it up, i found that I had more cables than I thought and that the order cables I had just ordered were redundant. Thankfully cables don't fail often on me. I still have some of the first...
  14. 56Tweed

It was small, but noticeable going from M to J, should be another noticeable jump. I have a Top Hat Club Royale that has a deep cab and G12H. The efficiency difference there is pretty stark. I like the tone through a G12M or M75 with that amp, but its basically a bedroom amp at that point...
  15. 56Tweed

Yes, pine body, birch ply baffle. It is super light!
Top Bottom