Recent content by 62Tele

1. 6

FS Clark Beaufort Special

Friday bump
  2. 6

Your favorite dual overdrive thus far...

Not a dual pedal yet, but I’m hoping Brad might put these two together someday. I’ve been gigging with a Jetter ODS181 and Custom Voiced GS124 and the pair get some great stuff going individually or stacked. Otherwise, hard to beat Brad’s Gold Standard. Can’t believe he still sells these for...
  3. 6

Recommend me a boss sized analog tremolo!

The Suhr Jack Rabbit is excellent, and does a great job doubling as a clean boost.
  4. 6

Thanks! Appreciate the clarification. I haven’t really followed the tweed amps so didn’t have the details.
  5. 6

Bought this locally to get me through a couple of gigs after all my gear was lost in a fire. The amp is the "Special" version of the Beaufort, not entirely sure if the differences between this one and the standard Beaufort. I posted a gut shot, so perhaps a Clark expert can help clarify the...
  6. 6

Alnicos in BF amps

Those have always been my favorite speakers in a Super.
  7. 6

Alnicos in BF amps

I've used Fane Alnicos (the older blue ones) with great success, both in a 1x12 PR Clone and in a 10/12 setup for a 40 watt amp. I had a gold in the PR clone and it sounded great, just not quite the same headroom as the Fane. I currently have two 1x12 Allen Encores with 40 watt OTs and am...
  8. 6

Is there still a place for 100W amps?

Agreed, and the sound guy will turn up the kick to keep up with the bass. Gets nuts.
  9. 6

Chris Isaak's guitar player had two silverface Twins, one was a drip edge, with JBLs at Jazz Fest in New Orleans this year. Sounded amazing, best clean tone of the festival by a mile. I had a 69 drip edge I sold to Scott Lentz - really should have kept that amp.
  10. 6

And still so many posts about volume... IT'S NOT ABOUT VOLUME
  11. 6

Yep. Any amp getting max'd out starts to compress and dynamics can go out the window. And if it's already giving everything it's got, no pedal will get any more out of it.
  12. 6

Steely Dan dropping the ball.

Funny how often Skunk Baxter doesn't get mentioned in Steely Dan threads. He did some truly great stuff from my perspective.
  13. 6

Talking with the Sound Man last night…

We always get our best mix when we're partnering with the sound guy. It's a team sport.
  14. 6

I beg to differ
  15. 6

So combining the points of this thread with a sound guy thread in the recording and live sound forum… Isn’t it ironic how much venues tend to clamp down on guitar players, yet so many places seem to love bass heavy mixes to a point of stupidity? I get it, guitar frequencies cut through more...
Top Bottom