Recent content by Alter

1. Alter

Dance Fever - A stratocaster into a looper!

Building a groove with a Boss GT-1 for sounds and a Boss RC-300 for live looping, recorded direct. Fun toys once in a while! ;)
  2. Alter

6V6....must be me.

Different valves for different tastes. 6V6 are my favorite ones for their warm sound, especially with humbuckers. 6L6 for single coils and blackface, sparkling scooped sound. EL34 for biting tone, great with all kinds of pickups and guitars. Don't personally care much for EL84, but they are...
  3. Alter

A Guitar You'd Never Give Up, Even If Your Favorite Guitarist Traded One Of His Personal Guitars?

I have an amp i wouldn't trade, a 60s princeton reverb, but unfortunately no perfect guitar so far.... YET! ;)
  4. Alter

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

An improvised tune using the Boss RC-300 looper, together with a Boss Gt-1 for sounds..!
  5. Alter

The Fly Catcher

A telecaster, a tweed model on the Boss Gt1, an Rc-3 looper, and a fly swatter..
  6. Alter

Deluxe reverb or Princeton for unmiced gigs?

They sound very different. Both can work, with DR having more headroom if you need it. I prefer the PR for its sound and light weight. I did change the speaker though, so now it is very close to the volume of a DR.
  7. Alter

The reality of the current used guitar/gear market

Well, regardless of the economy, I don't see people getting together to play/watch music anytime soon, so..
  8. Alter

My gig got cancelled over the weekend due to Coronavirus. Anyone else?

The point where, worldwide, financial problems from this epidemic will not be our first concern unfortunately seems to be only 1-2 weeks away for many countries...
  9. Alter

For most musicians, what is their secondary source of income...Teaching. Now guess what's closing down all around the world after (or even before) live venues..
  10. Alter

My guess is, give it one or two weeks and music gigs will be a thing of the past for most if not all countries (already are in mine), at least till the epidemic is somewhat controlled..
  11. Alter

Post your #1 favourite guitar video of all time!

Best Video clip ever!
  12. Alter

Is the Coronavirus going to kill off live music for the near future?

If it doesn't subside as the weather improves in the northern hemisphere, of course live music and sports are largely gone until further notice. Already a huge percentage is being cancelled.
  13. Alter

I refused to buy a guitar because he was "thinning the herd"

There's always the possibility of a problem in a sale/purchase, so a few questions beforehand let you have an idea about who you're dealing with. Any signs of attitude and it's next person in line.
  14. Alter

Do you always bring a back up guitar when playing live? (poll)

In thousands of gigs I've never needed a backup. But I do use good gear that I know thoroughly and is dependable, keep it in good condition, and install locking tuners in my electrics. If I bring extra guitars it's because the music needs them. I was never big on carrying stuff I guess.
  15. Alter

About ready to take the SS plunge to my Quilter

In my experience, the best way to form an opinion is to gig both for a while. In time the strengths and limits of both tubes and ss become obvious. It's nice to have both as options. If looking for blues sounds out of a tube amp, i would definitely try something smaller than the vibrolux, to...