Recent content by amp48

1. amp48

Hx effects footswitch

Hey, I just picked up an HX effects. I updated to the newest version firmware and everything seemed to be working fine. I have noticed that one of the footswitches is not consistently working (will sometimes not turn on or off when pushed). This happens quite frequently with this one...
  2. amp48

2019 SG pickup suggestions

Thanks for the replies. I’m playing through a fender custom 68 deluxe reverb; the modern silverface one. With mostly mid-gain overdrive pedals on the vintage channel.
  3. amp48

Well I suppose the answers could change, depending on where the discussion went...my gear, taste in music, etc. I don’t find it terribly helpful for people to bother posting “why didn’t you just do a search?” Kind of a waste of your time and mine. Budget would be $200-500.
  4. amp48

Hi. I currently have Gibson 490t and 490r pickups in my 2019 SG. So far, I have installed an RS Guitarworks wiring harness, which seemed to help the sound...but I still find the neck to be a bit muddy and the bridge kind of shrill. It’s useable, but when I compare the SG to my McCarty with...
  5. amp48

Dimarzio shootout: Master Paf vs 36th ann.

I am also interested in the 36th vs PAF Master, particularly in an SG.
  6. amp48

Pickups for SG

I might try a different pot value. If putting in replacement pickups, would it be good to leave the pots and capacitors stock? I don’t want to make it too complicated.
  7. amp48

Pickups for SG

I picked up a 2019 SG standard. Pretty nice player, but the neck pickup is too dark. Needs more clarity. When adjusting EQ on my amp, I can almost get the neck pickup to sound right, but then the bridge is too bright. I have lowered pickup height and roll off the bridge tone knob to...
  8. amp48

New (2019) Fender Tonemaster Deluxe and Tonemaster Twin

I like the “vintage” channel on my custom ‘68 deluxe reverb reissue. How does the Tone Master deluxe reverb compare to the ‘68?
  9. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

I finally got around to adding a .0022uF capacitor to the fifth knob. It works pretty well. Filters out a lot of bass on the neck pickup. I do have some .0033uF capacitors laying around. I was wondering what the effect would be? A more pronounced bass roll-off, or less? Yes I know I could...
  10. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

Cool. I’ll try it. Thanks.
  11. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

Would you swap all the pots?
  12. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

On another website, someone suggested wiring a .0022uF cap across the outer lugs of the blend pot. This would function as a bass contour control? Anyone heard of this mod?
  13. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

Ah...that would be an easy fix. Any advice on what values would brighten up the neck?
  14. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

And are the new Lollar mini-broilers the incorrect size/fit for Rickenbacker?
  15. amp48

Rickenbacker pickups?

Thanks for the input. Does the Lollar bridge pickup sound good with overdrive? I can’t have it be too bright or thin. I’m sure the neck and middle positions would sound great.
Top Bottom