• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by AndrewSimon

1. AndrewSimon

Tube DI box with modeler?

I have a Universal Audio SOLO / 610 DI loaded with NOS Mullards, definitely warms thing up but ever since I got a Kemper I don't use it for guitars, it's still a killer on bass and mics.
  2. AndrewSimon

Guitars with no personality

I don't know what does a guitar with "personality" mean for others but for me an expressive guitar is what I bond with. Dynamics and showing off every little nuance of my fingers is where it's at. So low output pickups with a very dynamic amp on the verge of breakup.
  3. AndrewSimon

Poll: Are you buying the Quad Cortex? Why?

I am 100% super happy with my Kemper. No other modeler gave me what Kemper did including the AXE -FX and that is just plug an play for hours, instead of tweaking forever. I'm not saying I won't be trying out new stuff but I will never sell my Kemper.
  4. AndrewSimon

Georgia on my mind_ES125 with two Gibson amps

That was awesome, I'm almost embarrassed to say this about this beautiful recording but to my taste there is way too much of that "Reverb and Echo", it covers up your beautiful playing. :)
  5. AndrewSimon

Apollo 18 - some slide guitar

+1 but it's mater of taste. The current mix is definitely pretty cool.
  6. AndrewSimon

When does Kemper come out with a new model?

When does Kemper come out with a new model? This question is being asked since 2013. ;)
  7. AndrewSimon

using the kemper with usb

Why don't you try to download some free profiles and see if you can transfer them onto a USB. The USB will be initially formatted by the Kemper, I believe it's a plain vanilla FAT32 format.
  8. AndrewSimon

Is a Kemper THAT much better than amp software sims?

The Kemper is "x" amount better. Does it justify the price? Only you can answer that. It depends on the importance of "x" to you and the importance of "money" to you. ;)
  9. AndrewSimon

Why do some of you say the Kemper is a lot better for amp tones or effects than the Helix?

This is true and I usually don't stray from the profile but it's not a problem. On commercial profile packs sometime you get 100 or more profiles, one of them usually hits the sweet spot. Also there is the "Distortion Sense" in the Rig Setup that lets you vary the amp gain reaction without...
  10. AndrewSimon

Why do some of you say the Kemper is a lot better for amp tones or effects than the Helix?

I am not a software engineer but I don't think you have to be one in order to see the difference. In modeling they start with a specific amp schematic and create a software emulation of each component to build up the whole schematic. (think SPICE modeling for those who are familiar with SPICE)...
  11. AndrewSimon

Do Gibsons really deserve the price tag?

+ 1 That said Gibson should make the Custom Shops even more authentic for the the price we pay. It was an real eyeopener for me when I came across a vintage ABR-1. It looks and sounds nothing like the modern ABR-1, the saddle shape and size is totally different.
  12. AndrewSimon

Men of a Certain Age, help me understand a finish option?

Never owned a brown guitar in the 70's but I did own a few of these:
  13. AndrewSimon

Why do some of you say the Kemper is a lot better for amp tones or effects than the Helix? Why don't you try one and see if you agree? The processor is only one element in a complex system, a profiler works differently then a modeler. Maybe a profiler needs less raw processor power to achieve...