Recent content by andtrea

1. andtrea

BOSS RV-500

Is it possible to reduce the annoying volume bump on the hold function?
  2. andtrea

The New Boss DD-200

Does it go in crazy analog-style self oscillation in some setting? Video or samples would be super-appreciated
  3. andtrea

And TPS just made the OCD 1.7 into a holy grail

For the record, the version 2.0 finally fix the impedance problem with other pedals, that added with the confusion of the different versions always held me back from the OCD. Finally I tried a 2.0 and liked A LOT. With the tone knob just before noon is perfect for me, no crazy mids nor harshness.
  4. andtrea

And TPS just made the OCD 1.7 into a holy grail

Et voilà... (from Fulltone facebook page) "The lads at "That Pedal Show" just posted a lengthy comparison video between a V1 OCD and a new V2 and Cs-Ge. Aside from the ridiculous futility of attempting to set the knobs the same, all sounded good, go figure. The reason you can't set the knobs...
  5. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

Thanks a lot, I'll suggest to my tech!
  6. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

@Peps : sorry double post... Bonus internal pic
  7. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

I have the internal trimpot at about 60-70% and I think it is the sweet spot. Increasing: the hiss get less noticeable but I lose definition, the sound is flabby. Still usable with single coils but too much gated with humbuckers Diminishing : "cat in a heat" intensifies! Anyway thank for...
  8. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwmlj60ar1irekz/fulltone70-unplugged.mp3?dl=0 - Guitar unplugged at 0:11 - Tweaking volume pot from 1 o'clock to maximum at 0:23
  9. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

I just tried and ... yes :(
  10. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

@songtalk: No, and the noise is the same with batteries or power supplies. The pedal is always the first in the chain, anyway same problem with 70 alone between guitar and amp.
  11. andtrea

Strictly FUZZ

Hello fuzz experts, recently I found an old '70 fuzz (blue big box) with a BC103 and BC114 (?!). It sounds big and aggressive but always musical, best silicon fuzz I evertried, really enjoying it, but there is a thing that is driving me nuts. If I max out the fuzz starts to hiss and whistle. I...
  12. andtrea

Noisy fulltone '70

So.. that's "rock" I guess... or do you think is faulty?
  13. andtrea

Proco rat 2 1989 noisy

Same problem here, I recently tested my RAT2 with my LP into a '73 Bassman 100. Same cables and power supply and a bunch of other distortion pedals (Hot Cake, distortron, tube Screamer and... HM-2), the RAT was the only one squealing with the gain from 11 o'clock. The back cover is not original...
  14. andtrea

Earthquaker Devices Westwood vs Benson Preamp vs Timmy

I'm considering a 2 band eq overdrive for low/medium gain to manage (better) different guitars . I used to have a Timmy but I sold it in a period of downsizing (anyway I always thought it was it a little weak, but very versatile). Benson Preamp, Westwood, and Timmy are pretty hard to find here...
Top Bottom