• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Andy J.

1. Andy J.

The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

If I’m dead, why do my knees still hurt?!?
  2. Andy J.

Ibanez 90s MIJ Talman TC series

I had a TC 825: solid, well-built guitar. The previous owner had swapped the original pickups for SD 59’s, so no opinion on the original PUs. I sold mine when I came to the realization that despite my short fingers, I need to play big necks in order to avoid hand fatigue: the Talman had a skinny...
  3. Andy J.

Best Flanger pedal?

Not new per se, but pretty under the radar as far as TGP is concerned: been loving my Subdecay Starlight v2 since I got it a couple of years ago. https://subdecay.com/effect/starlight-flanger
  4. Andy J.

Watching ST3 with a group of friends, we’re three episodes in and will watch more next Monday. Seems good and funny so far, no unnecessary Detroit aversions like ST2 (what was that all about?!?).
  5. Andy J.

What the hell is going on? I blink and when I come back, you guys are coming out as closeted shred lovers?!? Who are you people and who let you in the boat?
  6. Andy J.

Finally listening to ”My Permanent Record”, sounds really good, @Crowder ! EDIT: Whoah, ”See Rock City” and cutting down neighbour’s tree: you’re really not looking to make new friends in Chattanooga? :D
  7. Andy J.

All this grill talk: as apartment dwellers, this is what’s rocking on our balcony: https://lotusgrill.de/en/ It, miraculously enough, works pretty much as advertised: apart from the start-up phase, there’s close to no smoke at all.
  8. Andy J.

Hell-to-the-yeah, cool Jerry Jones too! What are they going for these days?
  9. Andy J.

My AC50 told me to say you CAN have your cake and eat it, too...
  10. Andy J.

Yeah, Supertron in the neck. It’s the only PU I’ve ever had there in this guitar AND the only filtertron-like pickup I have any long-term experience with, but I really like it: clear and sorta ”full frequency”, not muddy at all.
  11. Andy J.

Yeah, never felt unbalanced: the guitars sound like themselves, but it’s not like the Tele would be underpowered compared to the LP or anything like that. Worry not, compadre, and let your GAS run wild!
  12. Andy J.

My two main electrics and the ones I play live are my R7 with VooDoo ’59 pickups and my MJT Tele with a Rumplestiltskin Black Rope and a TV Jones Supertron - I never tweak anything when switching guitars. Sure, they sound different, but I still sound like me, and isn’t it kinda the point for...
  13. Andy J.

Congrats! Now you’ve got a license to start yelling at clouds.
  14. Andy J.

Love the drone-y cello (?) in the right channel. The image seems to feature a rarer-than-hens-teeth 0-pickup Esquire prototype...
Top Bottom