Recent content by arthur rotfeld

1. A

"Only Selling Because This Guitar Deserves To Be Played"

I have a guitar that I'm likely to sell. A lot of people would be thrilled. It IS the right guitar for someone. Whatever's the reason, I'm not using regularly. Not sure inanimate objects deserve much, but I get this sentiment. Space and money has value too.
  2. A

Winter NAMM 2021 Canceled :(

Pretty much. We have half-assed our collective handling of this crisis... and this is the responsible result. We can't have nice things.
  3. A

What things are you REALLY picky about on a guitar?

Stainless frets Slim neck 12"—16" radius Nearly all the guitars I've acquired in the last 15 years fit that bill, save one acoustic with nickel-silver frets.
  4. A

Winter NAMM 2021 Canceled :(

Sorry to hear, but no big surprise. It's a legendary germ-fest: crowds, handshakes, lots of tight socialization all day and night, and then add in air travel and sleep deprivation. The minute Covid became a thing this past winter, I knew I wouldn't be going in '21.
  5. A

50's wiring for 4-lead Seymour Duncans

I'm a bit stumped. Is this right? Wiring and SG, typical set up: toggle, two vol, two tone Red and white taped off Bare wire to ground Black to the pot lug 3 (2 is to the cap, 1 is to ground) Green to ground
  6. A

You people who bought a tube amp for your CLEAN tones, what did you buy ?

A Princeton clone. But there's lots of choices.....
  7. A

Saw Pat Metheny Last Night

Very cool. Their new album is really good too. Last time I saw him was duo with Larry Grenadier at the Blue Note. Excellent!
  8. IMG_7894

IMG_7894

9. IMG_7896

IMG_7896

10. IMG_7897

IMG_7897

11. A

Rewiring a 1986 PRS

Thanks! You google much better than I do. This worked great.
  12. A

Rewiring a 1986 PRS

I'm working on my old PRS. I put the stock pickups back in, but without the original wiring. Instead I wanted to use a conventional tone control and pickup selector, instead of the sweet switch and rotary knob. OK.... I suspect somethings up with the four-lead wiring that I did. Only half the...
  13. A

Etiquette re: Lowball Offers?

Sometimes its hard to know what might be considered lowball. I offered 50% of the asking price on a recent item, albeit one that's hard to value. A month later, we came to agreement at 47% off asking. That said, I am concerned about offending, but it doesn't change the fact that I want your...
  14. A

The Best Solid State Guitar Amps Ever Made?

What's SFTR? And what happens the other 10% of the time?