• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by augur

1. A

Catalinbread Echorec with Tap Tempo?

Agree ! :) None are perfect.
  2. A

Catalinbread Echorec with Tap Tempo?

Thank you for resurrecting this ("my") old thread. I have sold my CB Echorec some years ago now. I've always found CB echo pedals (Echorec and Belle Epoch) to miss headroom. They sound quite vintage correct. A good feeling. But I find them always to miss a step... I did buy the Boonar Echo...
  3. A

New mini (nano) Deluxe Memory Man

Wait a little. Everybody will say the XO sounds better. You will be able to sell it 1500$ in 2 weeks. Yihaaa TGP!
  4. A

Me too ! My XO does have more delay time thanks to Analogman mod, but my Big Box only reach 400-450ms (even if it had been modded by Howard Davis). Waiting for the 1st reviews of the pedal in a few weeks I hope !
  5. A

It looks like DMM XO has been discontinued or out of stock in some shops in Europe (Thomann, Woodbrass, Michenaud). This new pedal will replace the XO and sold for the same price (around 200€/USD).
  6. A

I'm very curious too. Been looking for a real good DMM replica for years. Still like my Analogman XO. Kept the old big box for collection. Xvive Memory on my synths (modulation with stereo output is great!). But playing a Tonal Recall on my board for its format and lush sound/modulation (I...
  7. A

Is the current EHX DMM the best option to get me ballpark to a original DMM?

Yep ! But finally digital replaced those tape delays and analog quickly in the studios...
  8. A

Something that differentiates the DMM to any other analog delay is its ability to have a 1st repeat quite "hifi" (as close as possible to original without too much white noise) and a slow "reverbish" decay. Most analog delays decay quickly in a dark and murky way. Remember the DMM had been...
  9. A

The tap tempo versions run at 9v because there is an internal charge pump (or equivalent) to feed the circuit. The circuit is very similar to XO (except additionnal time for the 1100 of course). You can adjust modulation from slow to fast (not only a 2 position switch vibrato/chorus like on XO...
  10. A

JDM Vindicator / Tonemaster ?

Thank you all for your comments ! I have ordered actually 2 pedals from JDM this afternoon : Vindicator + Elektrika (gold hammerite version).
  11. A

I do have an XO (4xMN3008 - modded by analogman) and a 90's big box (2x3005 - modded by Howard Davis). I did have another XO in the past, a Tap Tempo 1100 (4xMN3005) and another big box. None did sound exactly he same, but definitely be in the same familly. I kept my 2 preferred. My big box has...
  12. A

XVIVE makes a replica of those chips. Sounding very close to the vintage ones, with bit more white noise. EHX is using those chips, as well as many other builders (Chase Bliss etc.).
  13. A

JDM Vindicator / Tonemaster ?

Resurecting thread ! :) Does anyone owns it ?
  14. A

Benson Amps Germanium Boost

Did purchase a Menatone Simplexity some months ago, it is a great Germanium/Boost pedal also. I did have a Broadcast running sometimes at 9v, and sometimes at 24v, but finally sold it because it was sounding always a bit too harsh for me (with a Jazzmaster. The Simplexity has softer highs, very...
  15. A

Did the Golden Reverberator knock your Strymon/SA off your board?

The Golden did kick the Empress Reverb out of my board ! I find the UA to be very musical, easy to tweak, and sounding massive (especially in stereo with 2 guitar amps). I don't like its spring that much (still kept the SA True Spring for this and the added tremolo footswitch), but the Plate and...
Top Bottom