• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Axe_34

1. Axe_34

NAD - 1973 Fender Twin Reverb -- a little DIY, TLC and it sounds fabulous

It does. I don't use it. It boosts the gain by using the reverb drive signal but it sounds terrible. :messedup :rotflmao
  2. Axe_34

Thanks for this! I have enough MDF and tolex left to redo it in the proper shape.
  3. Axe_34

Anyone else have "Ten-o-phobia?"

This is good advice when mixing too. First try subtracting what you don't want before adding what isn't there to begin with.
  4. Axe_34

TL;DR - Got what was advertised as an ailing '78 Twin -- turns out it's a '73 and not really ailing at all. So this actually happened a couple of weeks ago. I saw an ad on Kijiji for a 1978 Fender Twin Reverb. The seller said it was a little beat up and pretty noisy on both channels and the...
  5. Axe_34

I'm not sure why but it never occurred to me they built electric guitars in the USSR

Woo hoo! Just bought a ticket to Molchat Doma's May 7 concert at the Opera House in Toronto.
  6. Axe_34

I'm not sure why but it never occurred to me they built electric guitars in the USSR

Now you look like the Minister of Electric Guitars.
  7. Axe_34

I'm picturing these being cranked out in a factory next to the iron foundary and T-72 works.
  8. Axe_34

Don't watch that video unless you want to start smoking and dressing in all black. I feel like I spent 4:38 in Eastern Europe circa 1982. :messedup
  9. Axe_34

This thing came up on my Reverb feed this morning. I always knew about the Sovtek/Russian connection but for some reason I never thought about researching whether or not they made electric guitars in the Soviet Union. I guess they did. The sparkle finish doesn't seem very proletarian. I've...
  10. Axe_34

"I'm NEVER letting my cables get like that again!"

And for my 1,000th post, I get my act together. I'm pretty sure I could wire up a full-size Saturn V rocket with what I have.
  11. Axe_34

How much does missing the box devalue a pedal?

I recently saw someone selling an empty Boss RC-10R box on Kijiji for $20. :messedup
Top Bottom